Xbox Game Studios |OT5| DOOM posting not allowed. Except for posting about DOOM

:chief_think:

2 Likes

Riiiiight. They left their entire business structure in tact just so they could meddle. The internet is an insufferable shit hole.

6 Likes

Itā€™s things like this where it shows that social media can be a real problem. You get this utter nonsense. God forbid Xbox has some positivity for too long, we canā€™t have that.

Nick is making all the sense in the world with that tweet. And unless creative leads are leaving left and right I see no reason to even be afraid at all. And also, all the other studios so far have praised how Xbox is for them, allowing for full creative freedom.

Reading the comments to Nickā€™s tweet it seems this Idle Sloth is always attention seeking.

2 Likes

1 Like

The most I could see is some people leaving because of exclusivity, and not being happy about scraping a PS version or something like that, which was expected.

who is Tyler McVicker?

ā€œValve insiderā€ supposedly

Microsoft is that intrusive that theyā€™re changing the corporate culture of zoom callsā€¦ :wink:

Vast majority of developers at bethesda have been working from home so I really fathom how much can really be changed. lol

That has to be it. Is it correct that a few BGS people left? I mean we thought nothing of it because at that moment we still thought it was coming out this year. But it definitely isnā€™t, still, who even knows why they left. It happens for many studios.

But MS changing the culture there quickly when so far theyā€™ve been doing the opposite is just utter nonsense. Also, Ms not wanting to have copies for the competition is perfectly normal. Itā€™s unfortunate jf some devs canā€™t accept that and just stay.

It is absolute nonsense. Some have left but all creative leads are still there. Probable just some who were a bit pissed about scraping their work on PS versions.

1 Like

Imagine leaving your job just bc youā€™re not gonna put your games on Playstation

8 Likes

Makes you wonder what they would have thought if Sony had acquired Bethesda. Sony would have done exactly the same, hell, I could have seen them canceling deals instead of honoring them.

hummā€¦

maybe, the fact that they(Bethesda) no longer have the decision to publish their games on PS, Switch, Stadia etc. is motivating people to leave the studiosā€¦ Idk :man_shrugging:. it is still a rumor.

Yes. this can happen.

It is just pure BS and contradicting everything we have seen so far.

1 Like

Until we start seeing real big names leaving, as in creative leadsā€¦we shouldnā€™t worry or even pay much attention to this. Hereā€™s to E3 and seeing Starfield!

Usually there is smoke, before there is a fire, and until I see smoke on that Bethesda situation I ainā€™t buying it.

Iā€™d be more inclined to buy it if someone like Jason Schreir was reporting on this. I imagine he would be on such a story if it were real anyay tbh.

It would make zero sense, because look at all the other studios so far. Not only that, look at what they decided to do, Bethesda isnā€™t even XGS. Chances are very likely that it has to do with canning or no longer be able to make versions for other systems, like people here said.

1 Like

Yes. it doesnt seem to make sense. MS is a great employer now. just see what MS is doing with XGS. allowing Obsidian to make and support Grounded. the same goes for NT and its Bleeding Edge.

1 Like

Like even Tim Shafer said that Microsoft has not changed a thing on how they work.

8 Likes

Maybe, Microsoft can change the culture enough that we wonā€™t have a 15 year wait for Elder Scrolls and likely 10 years for Falloutā€¦ :joy:

Iā€™m being facetious of course, but iā€™m still of the opinion that they need to bulk up and create a dedicated studio for fallout in particularā€¦

1 Like