Xbox Game Pass |OT| Our Backlogs Are Doomed

If the Discord deal does go through, you will start seeing a very new higher number. That deal is not to be underestimated.

2 Likes

Discord would help Xbox and gamepass numbers? Would they integrate Xbox store into discord? How many active users they have?

According to this article 140 million active monthly users and 300 million registered accounts.

https://www.businessofapps.com/data/discord-statistics

3 Likes

How long everyone think it is before It Takes Two and Mass Effect end up on EA Play/Game Pass? Fall 2021?

Discord has 200m. Not sure about Nitro users.

But I can easily visualize the Discord store coming back and being integrated with Gamepass. Add Gamepass base pack for Nitro users, and you are adding millions of users overnight.

I would guess October for It Takes Two, and only 2022 for Mass Effect since itā€™s a bigger title (it took one year for Fallen Order to join the catalogue).

We are yet to see FIFA 21 and NFS Hot Pursuit, which released last year.

Hopefully we see some Codemasters games soon aswell.

I wonā€™t be able to wait for mass effect to show up on gamepass. Assuming theirs nothing huge to play around its launch it will be the first game I buy in over a year.

Currently Iā€™m playing Valhalla(given to me), fallout 4, and octopath traveler(which is my first jrpg I think) along with warzone when my buddies want to play.

Late 2021 and onwards huge games are going to pile up for gamepass. And somehow Iā€™ll need to step away from halo infinite to play them. So Iā€™ll need to play through mass effect before that.

No interest in Resident Evil VIII: Village?

For me no. Iā€™ve not played any games in the series since the ps2, besides re 7. Which I tried for an hour or so. Thought it was ok.

Edit I wouldnā€™t say zero interest. If it went to gamepass I would try it. But I would never buy it.

Okay. Then you should definitely be good for the month of May with Mass Effect because thereā€™s no other massive game around it.

I also want to beat fallout4, Valhalla, and octopath traveler at least before it comes out. Iā€™m 40 hrs into Valhalla with no end in sight. Just started the other two. Then Iā€™ll have outriders and prey sitting there wanting to be playedā€¦ oh ya and gears tactics which Iā€™m half through and took a break.

Damn gamepass makes it almost impossible to justify buying anything anymore when thereā€™s so much to play.

1 Like

Damn. Definitely have a bunch of games there. I put Valhalla on hold after 25 hours. I shouldnā€™t have started it after Immortals Fenyx Rising as that wasnā€™t a good idea but I will be getting back to it in mid-late April after Outriders. I finished Gears Tactics a few days ago. Great 8/10 for me but I do prefer Mutant Year Zero and Mario & Rabbids: Kingdom Battle is still my best turn based strategy RPG.

Makes sense. I am perfectly fine waiting.

1 Like

Iā€™ve just realized that rougly a third of EVERY Series X|S optimized title is on Game Pass (34/116).

8 Likes

I need to play more gamesā€¦ Playing way too much Gears 5 and Sea of Thieves atm though, both games are the best theyā€™ve been right now.

these games have more attach rate to gamepass than PS players to their exclusives. There, I said it.

6 Likes

2 Likes

Do you have a list?

Iā€™d love to post it over at OtherERA and seeā€¦ the reactions to that factoid.

Series X|S Game Pass

Overview

There are 32 Series X|S games available on Game Pass worth a total of $1,247.68.

Publisher Ranking

There are 32 Series X|S games published by 24 different publishers on Game Pass:

1. Xbox Game Studios (8 games);
  2. Raw Fury (2 games);
  3. Aspyr (1 game);
  4. Behaviour Interactive (1 game);
  5. Bloober Team (1 game);
  6. Bungie (1 game);
  7. Codemasters (1 game);
  8. Deck13 Spotlight (1 game);
  9. Enhance (1 game);
  10. Fatshark (1 game);
  11. Frontier Developments (1 game);
  12. The Game Bakers (1 game);
  13. Gearbox Publishing (1 game);
  14. Good Shepherd Entertainment (1 game);
  15. Hello Games (1 game);
  16. No More Robots (1 game);
  17. Paradox Interactive (1 game);
  18. Sega (1 game);
  19. Shinā€™en Multimedia (1 game);
  20. Studio Wildcard (1 game);
  21. Superhot Team (1 game);
  22. THQ Nordic (1 game);
  23. Ubisoft (1 game);
  24. Wired Productions (1 game).

Games in the catalogue

1. Ark: Survival Evolved - Explorerā€™s Edition ($89.99)
  2. Call of the Sea ($19.99)
  3. CrossCode ($19.99)
  4. Dead by Daylight: Special Edition ($29.99)
  5. Desperados III ($59.99)
  6. Destiny 2: Beyond Light ($39.99)
  7. Dirt 5 ($59.99)
  8. Football Manager 2021: Xbox Edition ($39.99)
  9. Forza Horizon 4 ($59.99)
  10. Gears 5: Game of the Year Edition ($59.99)
  11. Gears Tactics ($59.99)
  12. Gonner 2 ($12.99)
  13. Halo: The Master Chief Collection ($39.99)
  14. Haven ($24.99)
  15. Minecraft Dungeons ($19.99)
  16. Monster Train ($24.99)
  17. Morkredd ($19.99)
  18. No Manā€™s Sky ($59.99)
  19. Ori and the Will of the Wisps ($29.99)
  20. Planet Coaster: Console Edition ($49.99)
  21. Sea of Thieves ($39.99)
  22. State of Decay 2: Juggernaut Edition ($29.99)
  23. Stellaris: Console Edition ($39.99)
  24. Superhot: Mind Control Delete ($24.99)
  25. Tetris Effect: Connected ($39.99)
  26. Tom Clancyā€™s Rainbow Six: Siege ($39.99)
  27. The Falconeer ($29.99)
  28. The Medium ($49.99)
  29. The Touryst ($19.99)
  30. Warhammer: Vermintide 2 ($29.99)
  31. We Happy Few ($59.99)
  32. Yes, Your Grace ($19.99)

image image image image image image image

image image image image

Series X|S EA Play

Overview

There is 2 Series X|S games available on EA Play worth a total of $99.98.

Games in the catalogue

1. Madden NFL 21 ($59.99)
  2. Star Wars: Squadrons ($39.99)

image image

10 Likes

Just posted that fun fact. Thanks!

3 Likes