Xbox Game Pass |OT| Our Backlogs Are Doomed

Here I could swear Stray was coming to GP, not sure why I thought this, ah well.

TimDog yesterday tweeted out that he believes Xbox was really close to getting Remnant 2 on GP. It’s not a real strange guess or speculation, since the first one was on it too. Was it day one though?

Wouldn’t be surprised because they’re going for multiple souls-like games on GP.

1 Like

Yeah, I hope people play Chained Echoes because it’s one of the best RPGs in the modern era imo. People should start it ASAP because you never know when it could leave the service

2 Likes

Was checking out Edge of Eternity. It feels and plays more like Final Fantasy than Final Fantasy 16 is.

Damn, I see Midnight Fight Express is leaving. I should probably play a bit more of it before it left. I think I stopped playing once they introduce guns to the combat

1 Like

Same here man, I dropped that way too quickly. I’m gonna go back to it too. So much for finishing RDR2 before Starfield comes out though, ffs.

Ah well.

1 Like

I wish they would show the date that stuff is leaving on the console in the GP section.

I see this game called Edge of Eternity and wtf, how did I miss this? Looks great in the pictures. I need to keep up. :flushed:

Stuff leaves at the 14th and the end of the month. So any game that’s on leaving now is leaving on the 14th, after the 14th the games that are on leaving will leave by the end of the month.

1 Like

Game was awesome but it’s only really great when you replay the levels with your new abilities and tools, very arcadey.

1 Like

Ah yes, that is very good to know. Then I have some time for MFE. Tried Edge of Eternity, combat is not my thing.

Yeah I can see that. Otherwise it becomes a bit samey quite fast. I’m just gonna restart the story, I’ve been out of it for too long and according to HLTB it’s 6 hours for the story, 20 if you do everything. 6 is easily doable.

From what I remember the first playthrough is shorter than that, between 3-4. But after that replaying each level at least once is where more of the fun is.

1 Like

Edge of Eternity can look good in screenshots, but performance is spotty and the gameplay is only okay not great. It has a classic turn-based combat system embedded in mostly empty open segments with way too long travel distances. Its also a bit unbalanced and buggy.

4 Likes

Yeah, it’s not all that. I wish I loved TB combat as much as real-time, I would absolutely have been busy with Persona in that case.

As for Midnight Fight Express, loving the music, suits it really well. Is this called dub step?

He says: 'Listen, we need to make a deal with you, what do you want?'And I was like, ‘Well, we’ve actually made an okay deal…’ ‘No, no, no, no, you don’t understand what I’m saying. I can make anything happen, what do you want?’"

8 Likes

Lmao I had a feeling someone from Xbox is crazy about Playdead and similar games to them like Planet of Lana, glad to find it’s Phil himself :rofl:

1 Like

Phil has good taste in games :+1:

4 Likes

Its painfully average.

And since release the developer said that a patch is on the way to fix unobtainable achievements. It’s been over one year and the achievement community is suspecting that the patch is coming when the game leaves GP.

This game needs a lot more than a patch for some collectible achievements.

1 Like

Leaving August 31

• Black Desert (Cloud and Console)
  • Commandos 3 – HD Remaster (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Immortality (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Nuclear Throne (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Surgeon Simulator 2 (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Tinykin (Cloud, Console, and PC)
6 Likes