Xbox Game Pass |OT| Our Backlogs Are Doomed

Well at least we have the free Tomb Raider DLC for PowerWash Simulator landing on January 31st. I know its not through any sort of deal with GamePass, but it is something very zen.

2 Likes

Aye, this is awesome. I saw they are planning more too, which made me happy. My runner-up for GOTY last year haha.

MHR, yes I give you that. Big get for day one. Persona, as cool as it is these are old games, not massive perse.

Also, these games have been known ever since E3 last year and MHR sinds December or so. Wave 1 was Stranded Deep and Mortal Shell this month, but that canā€™t be right. But I do see MHR and the two Persona games as wave 2.

The indie game Inkulinati for example should be coming still this month.

Exactly. I would understand it more if first party titles were being released left and right. Having a few less games would be ubderstandable, but thatā€™s not where we are at at all.

Thereā€™s also Age of Empires 2

2 Likes

Ah yes, I keep forgetting about that.

But overall communication really could and should be better. I still wonder wtf McGamePass meant with ā€œweā€™re working on it.ā€ and then absolutely nothing new was announced at all, lol.

2 Likes

Which is nice and I personally think that is the best game this month but for others itā€™s just a port of an old PC game.

I think since AoE II hasnā€™t been mentioned much it is indeed part of a Game Pass thing at the Direct, which gives me hope for some more good stuff.

Yeah, but I donā€™t know, itā€™s just odd. Would have been nice if they just said this beforehand, something likeā€¦guys we know things have been a bit unusual but donā€™t worry, from February onwards it will be back to normal. And unless something drastic changes, January last year was a big, big difference.

But letā€™s wait and see if the 25th has something.

1 Like

Roboquest was confirmed for this month on Game Pass so there is more games coming this year.

Or it could mean less games more quality if they cant do the deals. I rather they put games they want to and not just throw garbage on there like their games for gold. To me less games in december janaury means more games post febuary. Also persona 3 4 and MHR are all day 1 games in respect to their console ports. Is it enough for some people? Probably not. But for those who like them its more than enough.

Whst if the month of stsrfield only starfield comes out? I wouldnt complain. Ive literally only played 2 games in past 4 months.

Also this goes back to the whole sub thing. Anyone whos paid off 5 years have only themselves to blame. And if you got it cheap. Cool. Im one of those who uses rewards to pay for gamepass most of thr time snd occasionally spend 15 bucks a few times. Im not subbed every month. Last year i only had gamepass for msybe 7 months. First half of the yesr i barely used it.

Howeverā€¦going forward im probably gonna be subbed for the whole year.

I am okay with a new quality over quantity approach to gamepass; however, the service set precedent with a certain schedule of releases with an expected amount of games dropped / announced twice per month. If they want to shift to less games but higher quality games, thatā€™s great, but Microsoft should really communicate this if this is their intention otherwise people will be disappointed by the lack of games.

Not that I can confirm this, but it is possible that the Developer Direct will have a small Game Pass reel for games added for the second half of this month.

Quality is too subjective for that approach to work for a subscription service like this. You need to cover a wide amount of genres to keep as many people as possible subbed for as long as possible.

5 Likes

yea, they holding the anouncement to DD

Hopefully thats the case. Not sure how I feel about them doing Game Pass announcements at the developer direct, but I suppose Iā€™ll wait for the show and see how things play out.

Letā€™s hope so, because I donā€™t like this new way of how they do things this month, and second half of last month. Let us get surprise games again, that was part of the fun them announcing the games in a tweet and not knowing the games beforehand.

The only ā€œsurpriseā€ this month has been Stranded Deep, not exactly a great surprise though, but still, we didnā€™t know about it.

maybe they restructuring the way the drop works, so February we should have a normal 1st wave

1 Like

I feel like weā€™ve been speculating the waves all month.:sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Yeahā€¦ whatever they do they should do it soon.

1 Like

On DD probably, i donā€™t see a reason to announce on another tuesday like 1st

1 Like

Is this the new precedent? If we are getting first party titles they donā€™t care to add lots of third party drops ?

Since we are getting Hifi rush, aoe2 And goldeneye this month, I guess this is the reason as to why no GamePass updates since early December ?