Xbox Game Pass |OT| Our Backlogs Are Doomed

Dying Light 2 would be great.

1 Like

I wonder if we will get big old third parties unless Microsoft makes a deal like with EA or Ubisoft. I think Microsoft has run the numbers and realized that old games do not bring that much people for the price tag to bring them in GP (especially if they still sell well)

When Xbox will start deliver from their first party, it wonā€™t be a necessity 100%

I am very looking forward to Two Point Campus, reviews are very positive, but also dreading it because I have a bunch of games I had lined up to play and the order of some things are gonna change now lol

1 Like

I mean itā€™s really hard to say. They still add older AAA games. EA Play helps sometimes. Ubisoft additions are also probably meant to pad things now. But yeah new AAA releases are either not good math or some publishers saw sales affected and are hesitant to put their new/ish games.

1 Like

Yes!

And would definitely be similar to other games like ME LE, Guardians in terms of amount of months since release.

Except ME LE was a part of EA Play and Guardians kinda flopped.

The situation with Guardians is actually a good way Game Pass helps both players and developer/publisher, because it flopped while being a good game (I didnā€™t like it personally though) it gave the game a chance to be played by many more people. I think that is a better use of Game Pass than obvious high selling AAA blockbusters

2 Likes

Yeah, I think - just like Disney does right now - if the game has potential to flop or has no hype, it is better to launch it in Game Pass. But the big theatrical releases can be sold separately.

Iā€™m just glad I have an enormous backlog. I donā€™t believe people who claim to have played everything, Iā€™d like to see some receipts lol.

3 Likes

I personally got Gotham Knights pegged as a ā€œgonna need Game Passā€ game. Itā€™ll take them like 6 months to figure it out though.

People tend to play certain games and not interested in others and donā€™t want to discover anything new. Just like me for example.

But Gotham Knights is a popular IP and characters.

1 Like

I think the game will flop though.

I used to be like that, then I took a Game Pass sub to the kneeā€¦

5 Likes

Game Pass and similar subscriptions help with that, they are supposed to. People tend to only play similar things to what they like because it doesnā€™t involve a financial risk, while GP just removes that risk and lets you explore and expand. I didnā€™t pay attention to roguelikes before Game Pass. I wouldnā€™t have played the many great and unique Annapurna and Devolver games without Game Pass.

1 Like

Thatā€™s true and thatā€™s why Microsoft told that people play and buy more with Game Pass.

It does not apply to me usually though.

Youā€™re too busy playing the acquisition thread

5 Likes

Me tooā€¦ I pretty much played first party (almost) exclusively. Even games like Dishonored and Prey are new to me.

1 Like

Iā€™m gonna be honest thereā€™s so much stuff on gamepass that I need to play that this is ok with me. I still have Elden Ring and dying light 2 in the backlog.

2 Likes

Honest thoughts on Turbo golf racing. I canā€™t get the controls :confused:

1 Like