Xbox Game Pass |OT| Our Backlogs Are Doomed

I think it is in Game Pass right?

Yeah, and good idea. Was able to find it by adding Game Pass lol

1 Like
2 Likes

As binarymelon said it was delayed a few weeks. Here’s the trailer for those that haven’t seen it

2 Likes

2 Likes

Next to the ones we already know, like Plague Tale 2, high on Life? Although I’m not sure if the latter would be considered AAA.

I guess so much for Tales of Arise this year then, likely not happening but hopefully some older stuff though, like we had with Guardians.

Nick specified day one launches. Sloth is an idiot who keeps misquoting everything.

5 Likes

Day 1 third party AAA games will forever be a pipe dream IMO. Just makes much better business sense to get ur 6-12 months of sales up front and then put it on.

2 Likes

Yes and no. We did have AAA day one 3rd party games but not huge blockbuster ones. MLB really is the closest I guess.

1 Like

One we get to the point where there is 1 AAA first party game every quarter, the complaining about not having blockbuster 3rd GP titles will probably decrease quite a bit, although there will always a contingent who will go on about it until the end of time.

2 Likes

Outriders was day one and Back 4 Blood too. And a few years back we had Shadow of the Tomb Raider and Metro Exodus very soon after they launched. Perhaps Shadow wasn’t up to SE’s sales expectations, lol. But there was also DMCV.

MS could not predict that Xbox would be without any big first party releases this year, but I hope they have at least been trying to get some big stuff. If Plague Tale Requiem and High on Life make it in October, Scorn as well, I guess that is not too bad, let’s hope they do.

Let’s see what the second half of this month, September, November and December have for the service when it comes to bigger titles. Majority being indies isn’t really going to move subs I think.

1 Like

I wonder if it will open a debate what AAA means :joy:

1 Like

The thing is there aren’t that many AAA games launching this year in the first place.

2 Likes

Edit: Removed big gif

I will not participate, lol.

That said, I was referring to games that are basically guaranteed to move units when I said that above. It’s probably not the best way to use the term.

1 Like

I am personally surprised that Saints Row is not coming. But at the same time it makes sense considering that it has time exclusivity with EGS on PC and Microsoft’s recent policies were about parity I believe.

EGS exclusivity alone will kill the game on PC and it has basically no hype surrounding it.

Maybe it comes as soon as the exclusivity is over. It looks like a game id play but not pay for to me.

1 Like

Saints Row looks like Fortnite in Watch Dogs but without any fun and crossovers.

1 Like

Yeah, major 3rd party AAA games day one is just not Microsoft’s priority. I mean, it cost 100 million to get Rise of the Tomb Raider exclusive to Xbox one for a year - it’d cost even more to get that scale of game on Game pass day one. Why spend that kind of money for to have a game for a year when you can be spending it internally for content that will come to game pass and be there for potentially generations to come. People who get their hopes up that the next big third party game will launch on game pass are only gonna be disappointed.

1 Like

There shouldn’t be some need for that since MS invested heavily in 1st party AAA content and continue to invest. It’s only in this time, this year while that content got delayed and is still cooking that we assumed they would want to compensate for that with 3rd party.

What are some AAA from last year or the last few months this year that they could potentially try to get?

1 Like