Xbox Game Pass |OT| Our Backlogs Are Doomed

Heads up: Hades is likely to leave end of the month.

1 Like

Oh. Would not surprise me, but how do you know?

A full year since it launched.

1 Like

Hades is one of those games I couldnā€™t wait to try to see what all the hubub was about. I think I played it for one evening and never again. I donā€™t get the immense praise at all. But, different strokesā€¦

1 Like

But shouldnā€™t it then been in the batch to leave in middle of August? It launched in Game Pass on 13.08.2021.

Hmm, youā€™re right, but still just in case itā€™s better to be mindful of thaf if you have been wanting to play it.

2 Likes

Hades is exactly the game for which I need xCloud

It doesnā€™t hold much intrest for me to play this on monitor sitting on a chair

But if it is on a mobile device in my hand with touch controls then I will enjoy it

1 Like

I enjoyed it, but Iā€™m just not big into roguelites - I donā€™t enjoy the whole ā€œplay it over and over again with a small amount of progression each timeā€ vibe, my general goal is to complete it once then move on. Iā€™m the same with other games built around replayability, if I get Civ my goal is to have one big game of it then be done.

1 Like

I liked it until I died at a boss fight and had to do it all over. But I can live with that, Iā€™ll try again. Until I died at the boss in a completely different level/act and had to redo it all. Nope!

Theyre 3rd party games. Arise might be on there by tgs.

I get the immense praise because its designed to perfection and is the best of its genre. Hades i was hooked on and played for dozens of hours. Amazing game that a lot of games cant touch

2 Likes

Eric Jacobus is the stunt coordinator for this game. Heā€™s also worked on games like God of War, Mortal Kombat and Tekken. Now him and his studio are doing motion capture for Midnight Fight Express.

The game looks fun. Im sure itā€™ll do well on GP.

6 Likes

Eric Jacobus is an amazingly talented independent action performer and choreographer. The same goes for his (former?) group ā€˜The Stunt Peopleā€™. I used to watch their videos pretty regularly years ago.

Hope the game does well on GP and elsewhere.

2 Likes

Itā€™s for sure a mental hurdle you need to get over, I had trouble with it too because I donā€™t like roguelites much. It stinks to feel like you wasted your time on a run, but you still get something out of every run, even if itā€™s only advancing your relationship with people at the House and learning a bit more of the story or getting a feel for a new set of boons.

The curve is really satisfying, where you start being able to invest in permanent ability upgrades and your entire focus shifts from ā€œget as much currency as I can before I dieā€ to ā€œShit maybe I can actually beat this area boss with this buildā€

I think Hades is absolutely a top-tier game, and if you have any lingering curiosity at all, I suggest adjusting your mindset and giving it another shot before it might leave the service. Dying is a part of the process. Youā€™ll soon get to the point where going back to the House by dying gives you a chance to befriend characters, turn in stuff for rewards, use the rewards for upgrades, and so on. If it helps, think of it like the non-dungeon parts of Persona!

One big tip for survivability: Get your hands on a Nectar and give it to Dusa. Thatā€™ll give you a helpful equippable item (jars have a low chance of dropping one healing item per room ).

And another: Collect 300 darkness and talk to Nyx. That will allow you to unlock different upgrades with the Mirror of Night, including Dark Regeneration which heals you when you pick up darkness.

2 Likes

Immortality received a 10 from EDGE :gimme:

2 Likes

Gamepass fodder/s

In a serious noteā€¦did gamepass just secure the indie of the year?! :flushed:

1 Like

7 Likes

I canā€™t find reviews for that game, is EDGE too early?

The game was delayed like 3 weeks ago. Maybe it was too late to pull the review from the magazine. Or maybe itā€™s not a high profile enough of a release that anyone even thought about it.

2 Likes

I canā€™t even figure out what the game is, itā€™s not the greatest term for searching lol

1 Like