Xbox Game Pass |OT| Our Backlogs Are Doomed

Not worth entertaining people who are only ever present to be negative.

8 Likes

did i mention PS plus in my answer?

iā€™m not the type of fan that likes everything the * company * does and doesnā€™t question anything. but ok.

1 Like

Looking at their charts - makes sense. They are pretty profficient in giving legs to their games (via sales and so on)

I donā€™t have the PC to play it, but Expeditions: Rome is a great CRPG get for the PC.

I wish that I could rewire some folks brains(yes brainwashing bad, I know) to not have the mindset of ā€œnothing for me=subpar list.ā€

7 Likes

I know what you mean, but to be fair people are mostly interested in what they get personally for their money and I can understand that.

Same lol, but I have no problem paying for Capcom.

1 Like

I think some people should consider subscribing monthly whenever thereā€™s stuff theyā€™d be interested in.

The latest RE games are all great plus we have already seen pretty good deals for those gamesā€¦I donā€™t want to sound like a dick but the REmake 2/3 pack was various times at 25 euros and Village is at 20 euros right now IIRC. For 45 euros overall you can get 3 awesome survival horror games that play, look and sound amazing with quite a bit of replay valueā€¦not bad right?

Also I checked if there is any news lately about Somerville and thereā€™s nothing, the latest piece of info we got was from the March Edge issue that supposedly had an article about the game. I guess it may be a fall title. :thinking:

2 Likes

I think some people are afraid of buying stuff and then it ends up on Game Pass lol.

2 Likes

If we think like that we will never going to buy a game again in our lives. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Personally the only times that I regret buying a game is if I wonā€™t have fun with it, games getting cheaper and cheaper and/or ending up on subscriptions is something that I canā€™t avoid so I am buying the games (at full price or deep sales) that I think that are interesting and hopefully have fun with them. I have enough anxiety from work, family e.t.c. so overthinking my hobby is not an option. :innocent:

1 Like

Oh, true.

The next Monster Hunter will be a day one here, zero doubts. Loved World.

Iā€™m just wondering if anyone has given Turbo Golf Racing a try in early access on PC. Iā€™m wondering how it controls compared to Rocket League. Iā€™ve put well over 1000 hours into Rocket League and Iā€™m worried if the ā€œfeelā€ is off that I might not be able to get into it. It looks fun, so Iā€™m hoping Iā€™ll be able to enjoy it for a bit.

To me, the drops are either adding or not adding to the queue of games I want to play on Game Pass. As long as I have a queue of games I want to play on Game Pass, the service is worth it to me. Thatā€™s why youā€™ll probably never see me trip about whatā€™s in a single drop. I still got stuff from January (and beyond) I havenā€™t touched.

Itā€™s typically the same with every other service, Netflix doesnā€™t add stuff that I am excited to watch on a weekly or monthly basis, but itā€™s not really an issue because thereā€™s always stuff for me to watch.

For folks without a queue of games to play, yeah being a month to month subscriber probably makes sense. I donā€™t know how yall get through so many games though lol.

17 Likes

Same here. My Game Pass backlog goes all the way back.

Just tonight I loaded up Ryse: Son of Rome and played through the next campaign chapter. Oddly enough the last time I played it was about a year ago. It seems to get into my rotation about once a year.

4 Likes

This would also give MS better data to indicate what different subsets of people subscribe for to use for future additions.

Iā€™m struggling to know as well. Not having a backlog in this day and age is actually impressive because HOW

3 Likes

Agreed. My backlog is so ridiculous Iā€™ve ended up ditching most of my unplayed physical 360 games because if Iā€™m honest with myself I know Iā€™ll never play them, and at that point theyā€™re just clutter.

Still holding on to Max Payne 3 thoughā€¦ Iā€™ve heard so many great things about it, and really enjoyed the first two, I figure some day I just have to make room for it.

But will I? I kinda, sorta doubt it. My Xbox One backlog is too damned big, and new games are coming at a fast and furious pace.

So, yeah, people without backlogs are impressive.

4 Likes

Repeat after me. Itā€™s not a backlog, itā€™s a retirement plan. Itā€™s not a backlog, itā€™s a retirement plan.

4 Likes

At this point? It sure feels like it!

Wonder if Iā€™ll be 100% any of my favorites once I retire, because at that point itā€™ll basically be a new game all over again for me.:joy:

2 Likes

Youā€™re actually not wrong about that.

1 Like