Xbox Game Pass |OT| Our Backlogs Are Doomed

After all that AI talk I wanted to check it out too, taking a brief break from RDR2…or I could switch them up, we’ll see.

I like it already, it feels like Danganronpa but different. I also like small things like exhausting dialogues to see if new things are said about the same topic. For example that inspector right at the start, keep asking what his name is and you get new replies, humorous ones from him too, I love that stuff. Did that in adventure games like Sam & Max on PC in my childhood years too.

It’s the kind of stuff that probably the majority of players doesn’t do but someone in that development team decided to add this, I like that a lot. When given the chance I do this in many games, I can’t even count how many times I’ve simply greeted people in RDR2, lmao.

1 Like

Oh, that’s strange yeah.

I can understand the warning, because at times it can seem like this happy, merry thing but it has some very serious, dark stuff in there.

I want to play through it, but the battles are already annoying me.

Just saw house flipper is now showing as a gamepass title on console/pc/ cloud

2 Likes

Is anyone else having trouble launching cloud games from your console? I haven’t been able to launch any games for the last couple of days at least. It’s working fine on my phone though.

Really enjoying AI: The Somnium Files, story is really picking up now too.

I just wish there was no timer in some parts, I get it, they want to have some tension in there but I’ve always disliked timers…in anything. Because I want to explore everything that can be explored and done, every option and choice.

5 Likes

In nirvanA Initiative you can replay somniums with no time limit thankfully. Makes it nice to explore and get all the dialogue.

Glad to hear you’re enjoying the original. It was one of my favorite games I played last year. Date/Aiba and Date/Mizuki have such enjoyable relationships.:joy:

1 Like

Wrapped up Omori last night. It was interesting, but held back a bit by its own gameplay. It’s a bit reductive but it just made me think of a less-good Undertale in most respects. I’d say stick with it if you’re really intrigued by the concept but if you feel like things are getting too long in the tooth, don’t feel bad about dropping it.

Also, it turns out the most tedious and drawn-out boss fight that made me want to stop was very near the end anyway. In for a penny at that point.

1 Like

During the show did they have Party Animals in the picture of all the GP games coming in the next twelve months? It’s been a while that we heard about the game now.

That is very nice!

Yeah, the humor is really cool in the first one.

Leaving soon:

Atomicrops (Console & PC)
Carrion (Console & PC)
Children of Morta (Console & PC)
Cris Tales (Console & PC)
Lethal League Blaze (Console & PC)

1 Like

Carrion was a nice little game. The rest I’m not interested in so good fortnight for me! I hate that we only get two weeks notice though.

2 Likes

You can guesstimate when games are leaving by looking at the date they came to the service (usually a year, although many games are staying longer nowadays). There are quite a few apps/methods for this but lately I’ve been using TrueAchievements > Xbox Game Pass games > sorting by date.

I hardly ever am caught off guard by doing this.

Oh I know, I do that too. But as you say it’s just guesstimation and I don’t like that.

Yakuza LAD has been like almost two years on it now? Damn I really need to get to start playing these games. Continue with 0 before LAD also leaves. Or is LAD story wise a completely different thing by itself?

As for Party Animals.

I checked their twitter and since May they have been giving more updates on things, it’s Steampowered links though, so not really about Xbox. Apparently there has also been a demo there and it was very fun. We’ll just have to wait and see.

LAD wasn’t Day 1, it went on June of 2021.

And yeah u should start playing since some of the games have already left. Can’t be sitting on Game Pass games too long if u want to try them.

Oh, actually found a Eurogamer article on Party Animals, recent.

However, the game is “still in development and the target release date is hopefully within 2022, with possible delays due to quality and compliance approvals. What I want players to know is that I want the game to be released as soon as possible (after all, this is the only source of income for the game studio), but quality is still the first priority.”

In part, that’s because three times as many people are now directly involved in making the game. As such, “when the number of people reached a certain size, communication and process problems led to a significant decrease in efficiency”. The post describes this as “production hell”, comparing to CDPR and Rockstar.

In addition, the lockdown in Shanghai - where the studio is based - has had a major impact.

Yeah I have bought them all except LAD, so there’s at least none of that rush to finish it within two weeks once that gets announced and besides these games are just so worth buying. Extremely cool to finally have them on Xbox.

2 Likes

Is Naraka cross progression? Me and my friends are planning to play and I want to start on Xbox.

LAD isn’t completely different, but it’s different enough to the point where it’s fine if you start with it. The ideal situation would be to play them all in order, as it means certain scenes in LAD will have more impact. Plus, LAD spoils some stuff in 6. Personally, I started with LAD and had no problems with the story but I would suggest playing it last, though by that time it may not still be on Game Pass.

2 Likes

AI is awesome.

The psync parts are great too, and even with the timer, it’s still very forgiving. You can save plenty and if you do have to restart it’s just a matter of doing a few things again. Great story, characters, humor, I’m hooked.

4 Likes

I wonder if more Ubisoft titles get announced tomorrow for game pass.

At this point the should just dump all legacy titles into GamePass