Xbox Game Pass |OT| Our Backlogs Are Doomed

No worries man. I actually own them on steam but just enjoy getting some achievements whilst I play… Like a big dummy :joy:

They are on cloud though, so you can?

PSA: The games are standalone stories. If you don’t like Returns you can comfortably skip it and start with Dragonfall just fine.

7 Likes

Decent month overall. Shadowrun trilogy is very nice, I have them in the backlog on Steam but never got around to finish them and I do my best to stay away from PC gaming nowadays if I can help it.

Those three games and Chorus is my haul this month.

Nah, they have Internet but just isn’t good enough to stream unfortunately.

Ah, well that sucks.

I’m still waiting for Ubisoft+ to come to Xbox. It was announced 5 months ago. Ugh.

Signed up for GPU since it’s $1 for three months just so I could play TMNT. Haven’t played a TMNT game since SNES. Still wishing for a Rocksteady TMNT game in the style of Batman Arkham.

I wish I could enjoy Shadowrun, the style I like, the atmosphere, the story, dialogues etc, but the combat is just so much not my jam. Ah well, can’t have it all.

But if XGS ever wants to take a swing at this for a first and/or third person game with real-time combat. Bring it.

That’s the dream. A Shadowrun AAA RPG, even Phil agrees.

1 Like

He did? Oh snap. When was this? Did he like a tweet or really comment on it?

5 Likes

Does MS own the IP?

According to Wikipedia, Microsoft has the rights for digital works.

1 Like

I’m sure it’s more complicated than that and it’s a messy/unclear thing, but essentially yeah, Microsoft were one of the parties that had to give the greenlight for Shadowrun trilogy to be made back in 2012 I think. They used to have demands like no release on console (presumably to not be multiplatform) and has to be online, now we know that’s not the case (anymore).

On paper, it shouldn’t really be complicated for MS to make their own exclusive Shadowrun game, but it’s not as direct/easy as the IPs they full own for example.

1 Like

That would be nice. I’m definitely gonna wait with buying it then, there’s certainly a chance of it happening. Around that time it’ll be a year since it came out. I’m sure MS would love to have that on the service, if it’s still not there though then, that would be kinda surprising. Maybe time to just buy it then too.

I’m only in the middle of the opening mission, but they have done a nice job IMO with the console versions of Shadowrun. It wouldn’t seem like it, but it’s an easier play for me on the controller and I like how it looks in 4K on the TV considering how old the game is.

Despite loving Dragonfall and Hong Kong, I actually never finished either game, so I will be able to do so now on the console versions.

8 Likes

Naraka Bladepoint is surprisingly fun based on my time last night, worth checking out as a different take on battle royale with a lot of cool aspects.

4 Likes

Available pre-installs now, includes Plague Tale Requiem.

I’m looking forward to

• Two Point Campus
  • Plague Tale Reqiem
  • Scorn
  • Humankind

And I might check out As Dusk Falls, depending. Things aren’t gonna be easy on the backlog :smiling_face_with_tear:

4 Likes

Stuck at work with nothing to do but play Cloud games on my phone, any suggestions for chill Game Pass games?

By chill, do you mean not requiring much mental activity or much physical activity? What Remains of Edith Finch is simply game-play wise but is emotionally fairly intense. Donut County is fun and generally mindless.

You could try a more visual-novel type game like Zero Escape: The Nonary Games, AI: The Somnium Files or Danganronpa if nobody can see your screen and judge you. Forager was a lot of fun and scratches an idle game type of itch. Gorogoa and The Pedestrian are cool puzzle games. Slay The Spire seems like a cool game I’m always on the verge of falling for, hard.

1 Like