Xbox Game Pass |OT| Our Backlogs Are Doomed

I noticed the Leaving Soon games on the Series X Game Pass app are now Fifa 20, Moto GP 20, Last Stop and Jurassic World Evolution. Isn’t it weird that we know that, but not the games that are arriving? (Not officially, at least. I guess we can mostly piece it together).

We know what games are arriving. Naraka tmnt are a couple.

Not every month is 4 weeks so sometimes they have 3 week gaps between announcements. But it is a bit weird some games launched this week without beeing in the first announcement batch.

1 Like

That’s not what we are discussing though… It’s about a proper, full announcement. We know they are late since unannounced games are joining, and some games that are leaving are showing up in the app. We however doesn’t know what is final in either category.

It’s a bit sloppy.

1 Like

They should at least add dates in the “Leaving Soon” section. They have dates in the “Coming to GP” section but never in “Leaving Soon”, and without a blog post we actually don’t know when they’re leaving.

They’re always the 15th or end of the month for when titles leave from what I’ve seen since 2017.

Finished Chorus today. Overall, enjoyed the game.

The Positives:

• They really did put a lot of effort in to the story with soo much lore and good voice acting and a redemption arc.
  • Gameplay is soo bloody fun. It just feels amazing to pilot the ship and you feel like a badass doing all these moves during fights. They have nailed the arcade feel and the game was really accessible to play. This is my first game I ever completed in this genre.
  • Mixing space combat with Sci-fi allows you to have some cool powers and it works in the games favour
  • The Game looks pretty and it ran really smoothly apart from crashing 2 times.
  • Game is perfect length and it doesnt overstay its welcome for too long.

The Negatives:

• The biggest negative is the again the story. They put tons of effort in to it but its all very standard and boring. I really couldnt connect with main character and all that sci-fi lore was a bit too much for me in the end.
  • The game focuses much of the time in Nara acquiring her powers and as a result you go in to much smaller sections of the map and dungeon like structures. Wish there were more large scale battle scenarios like the final mission in the game.
  • The world/planets feel a bit empty(If you want to just do the main story this will not be a problem, but if you do want to do the side missions then it might feel like there is not much to do)

The game is really fun to play and its a big surprise for me. I would have never finished a game like this before but this one managed to keep my interest. The story is a bit bland and meh but the gameplay is fantastic.

5 Likes

Maybe the reason they didn’t do an “official drop” is because it’s an incredibly busy week in the industry and they might just have other things to do. We’ll be fine not knowing until next week or whenever. There’s a lot of games already on the service. Play those. Sorry if this comes across poorly, but there’s a lot of complaining about such minor things without much thought for the people involved in making these things happen.

I wonder why Tales of Arise is taken kinda longish to arrive on the service. Maybe Bandai Namco just isn’t ready for it yet. I mean we did get Scarlet Nexus quite soon on GP but that is a new IP and nowhere near the popularity level of Tales of.

If they’re gonna announce that it’s gonna be on TGS

TGS early prediction: Tales of Arise, FFVII, Nioh, Nioh 2, Ys IX

That’s how you set yourself up for disappointment :phil_unsure:

1 Like

I honestly wouldn’t be surprised (and would be super happy) if we got some more Atlus ports….

1 Like

Sorry, forgot to add Sekiro and Astral Chain to it as well.

Can’t disappoint me if I stay deluded. #namaste

Well, Sekiro should actually be realistic and likely to come sometime soon :philwins:

I was hoping nioh would come wo long is coming to xbox maybe koei will put some of the older games on xbox

Not sure what the deal is with nioh. Nioh complete came to ps5.

Nioh is unrealistic considering SIE was the publisher. There’s even some who had a theory that Wo Long is Nioh 3 but they made it a new IP to make it multiplatform lol

can SIE like…not? Getting real tired of this. Already know we’ll never get Bloodborne. We probably have a higher chance of Bayonetta 3

Will we get the Game Pass Announcements later today?

I would sure expect so, unless for some reason this second half they just drop some games like Blade Runner and a few others without the official announcement, but that would be weird.