Xbox Game Pass |OT| Our Backlogs Are Doomed

Anyone else think gamepass has been kinda tame or less exciting in 2022 so far? Jan-March hasn’t had anything that excites me especially when compared to 2021.

1 Like

Nope.

6 Likes

Gotham Knights is a co-op game. Co-op games usually launch in Game Pass. Not to mention it releases close to COD and Starfield.

Maybe co-op helps maybe not. But I think it’s more the games that aren’t expected to do very well that launch into the service. Gotham Knights is expected to do well… It doesn’t “need” Game Pass and therefore the money needed to get on there would be a lot. That said, I won’t be surprised if it does.

1 Like

It’s also a well known IP that has proven it can sell. If a publisher is confident a game will sell well, there is very little incentive for them to put it in Game Pass, at least on day one.

Feb was the only bad month, January was stacked.

2 Likes

Jan and March are pretty great. A lot of my kind of games.

3 Likes

Is it though? There is no much hype or expectation surrounding it. It is similar to Suicide Squad in that regard.

Yes.

It’s not a SquareEnix title so it has a chance to not be sabotaged by unrealistic expectations from the onset regardless of actual market reception. Gotham Knights doesn’t have a lot of negative baggage associated with it like those middling B-Tier SE titles. It seems overall gamer perception towards it is open and contains some level of excitement.

I wanted to ask about this too - is it not releasing on March 24th?

@anon98342452

Probably because of this.

https://twitter.com/taosila/status/1503759251885502470?t=iYDfoPfPiHlku7Am9pXOWA&s=19

6 Likes

“To this list.” Interesting. Got to love more.

Any chance that Tunic gets announced for Game Pass tomorrow?

no

1 Like

Has anyone tried cloud gaming as of today? It does seem to perform really well on my phone. I played a couple of match in Halo Infinite and felt responsive and not much of stream refresh or whatever you call it. Guess Xbox is now challenging Nvidia in their game, slowly but surely.

4 Likes

Xbox Wire - Flintlock: The Siege of Dawn Launching Day One with Xbox Game Pass

Flintlock is an action RPG that takes place in a world ruled by old gods. Though absent for thousands of years, they are back. With them opens the “Door to the Afterlife,” making way for their army of undead to escape from within. As they overrun the world, humanity is left teetering on the brink of extinction.

There isn’t much but I thought i’d post. Says they can’t wait to show more of the game soon. Since it’s an ID@Xbox game we might see more tomorrow at the Twitch show.

1 Like

So Steam had a whoopsie which revealed some internal release date data, I have gathered “2022” Game Pass games. A lot of these can be placeholders or just windows. I have excluded the ones that say December 30, 2022 because obviously a placeholder. I have also excluded games that we already know release date to, so like Starfield.

• Somerville April 20, 2022
  • Trek to Yomi April 29, 2022
  • Loot River May 3, 2022
  • Eiyuden Chronicle: Rising May 12, 2022
  • Sniper Elite 5 May 31, 2022
  • Slime Rancher 2 June 1, 2022
  • Hello Neighbor 2 June 9, 2022
  • Atomic Heart June 22, 2022 (Already delayed to #####BER, 2022.)
  • Scorn October 7th, 2022
  • Midnight Fight Express August 15, 2022
  • Signalis September 1, 2022
  • Flintlock: The Siege of Dawn September 9, 2022
7 Likes

That makes a lot of sense if this game is really coming in September.