Xbox Game Pass |OT| Our Backlogs Are Doomed

Cris Tales is now available on console, PC and cloud.

Console

PC

1 Like

COMING SOON

• Available Now - Battlefield V (cloud, EA Play), Cris Tales (console/PC/cloud)
  • July, 22 - Atomicrops (console/PC/cloud), Raji: An Ancient Epic (console/PC/cloud), Last Stop (console/PC/cloud)
  • July, 26 - Blinx: The Time Sweeper (console/cloud), Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge (console/cloud)
  • July, 27 - Microsoft Flight Simulator (console Xbox Series X|S)
  • July, 29 - Lethal League Blaze (console/PC/cloud), Omno (console/PC/cloud), Project Wingman (PC), The Ascent (console/PC/cloud)

LEAVING SOON (july, 31)

• It Lurks Below (console/PC)
  • The Touryst (console/PC/cloud)
  • UnderMine (console/PC/cloud)

7 Likes

Wow, some quality stuff for the end of the month. At least 3 games that were on my radar! Are Blinx and Crimson Skies going to stay permanently? Iā€™m not sure if theyā€™re first-party.

Anyone play CrisTales yet? Havenā€™t seen many impressions on it.

I started it and played about 30 minutes. Was intrigued by the concept and look but had a couple of issues. Really bad screen tearing during cut scene and when I died I couldnā€™t press any buttons to continue. Think I might wait for a patch but do want to continue.

Thatā€™s disappointing. I saw something similar on Reddit but wasnā€™t sure if it was common or just that persons experience. What are you playing on?

Iā€™m on Series S. Issues arenā€™t a dealbreaker but Iā€™ve enough else to play while waiting for them to fix. Started it on cloud too just to see and saw the screen tearing as well in the opening cutscene.

6 Likes

My review should go live later today! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Iā€™ll check it out!

I love the original Xbox Logo and Font

Where is it?

The written review is ready, but the video will take a bit more time :sweat_smile: We got the key just a few hours before the gameā€™s launch, after the embargo had already lifted. It should be available tomorrow morning, though!

I do recommend the game, though. Just be aware that it can be slow-paced at times due to the random encounters, and the combat can be tough early on as your HP and mana donā€™t refil after battles. There isnā€™t an autosave feature either, so if you die you go back to the last save point.

2 Likes

Bah, faster!

1 Like

Last Stop is up for preload, even though the game isnā€™t available on the Microsoft Store yet. 6.57 GB!

Cris Tales review will go live at 8AM EST. Iā€™ll be sure to link it here when I wake up :slight_smile:

Edit Last Stop is now playable!

7 Likes

Nice review! Iā€™ll check the game out after I get caught up with some other games. You think youā€™ll try for the achievements?

2 Likes

Achievements are not hard, but there are many missable stuff. Most of them are tied to different decisions you have to do during the story, but you can save and load to grab them all. Worth noting that at times you have to do all the optional stuff to even be able to take certain decisions.

1 Like

Reviews on Cristales have put me off a bit due to the alleged difficulty and lack of balance. I donā€™t want to grind at this point in my life, itā€™s just not fun in most games. Hoping they patch the game for an easier difficulty to see the story and art.

2 Likes

To be fair, at no point I had to grind to progress through the story ā€“ but I did have to flee some battles because the random encounters kept showing up and I had no HP or mana left. You can use skills outside of battle (that includes Crisbellā€™s Heal and Willhelmā€™s Antidote), which helps, but youā€™ll be relying a bit too much on Cristopherā€™s elemental attacks early on the game, so just make sure to buy a couple of Mana Potions.

When your party reaches level 10 or so things get easier, and as I mention, mastering the combat is essential. There was a boss fight 12 hours into the game that took me around 10 minutes. I reloaded my save to make a different decision and see how the story branches and I had to battle him again, and this time it took me only 5 minutes. I reloaded once again to check yet another decision, and this time I absolutely crushed that boss.

7 Likes