Xbox Game Pass |OT| Our Backlogs Are Doomed

Interesting, and good to know. About how long is the game to reach the end of the story? I’m just interested in seeing that portion and the lovely artwork.

These games are sorted in Microsoft Store as supporting PC Game Pad. And as we know, almost nothing is released on MS Store for PC without Xbox Game Pass. Could that mean…?! :face_with_monocle:

Yes, Ubisoft has exclusive agreement with Epic Games for PC releases, but Riders Republic is not going to be a great and huge game. I wouldn’t be surprised if Microsoft would take it for day one on Xbox Game Pass on consoles and with Xbox Cloud Gaming support.

1 Like

This theory is long shot imo, but Ubisoft-Game Pass rumours have never been shut down, so I think it’s possible this could be the game which begins the deal, I doubt they’ll give away Far Cry 6 day one.

Another point is that Epic Games Store „exclusivity” is mainly anti-Steam, not against every PC storefronts.

Could be of course some bug on Microsoft Store, but it could be something as well.

If you pay attention to the story and do the optional content (you should!), it takes around 30 hours.

Goodnight…ok I’ll need to put that off a bit with Death’s Door, Nier Replicant, Omno, and The Ascent. Too many games!

1 Like

Does anyone have a list of the day one Gamepass games that have all launched this year so far and upcoming?

Cristales looks interesting, remember thinking it sounded neat from an interview on the Xbox Podcast last year. Has anyone taken a crack at Raji an Ancient Epic yet? Also seems like a neat idea.

Don’t know about the first question, but these are the games I’ve been keeping track of, 75 total. Some are already available in one platform (console/PC) but will be on the other one as well in the future:

1. 12 minutes
  2. A Plague Tale: Requiem
  3. Age of Empires IV (PC)
  4. Among Us (console)
  5. Anvil: Vault Breaker
  6. Aragami 2
  7. Art of Rally
  8. As Dusk Falls
  9. Astria Ascending
  10. Atomic Heart
  11. Avowed
  12. Back 4 Blood
  13. Backbone (console)
  14. Boyfriend Dungeon
  15. Contraband
  16. Craftopia
  17. Dead Static Drive
  18. Deathloop
  19. Edge of Eternity
  20. Eiyuden Chronicles Rising
  21. Eiyuden Chronicles: Hundred Heroes
  22. Everwild
  23. ExoMecha (DLC/extra content)
  24. Fable
  25. Forza Horizon 5
  26. Forza Motorsport
  27. Ghostwire Tokyo
  28. Hades
  29. Halo Infinite
  30. Hello Neighbor 2
  31. Lemnis Gate
  32. Library of Ruina
  33. Little Witch in the Woods
  34. Medieval Dynasty (console)
  35. Microsoft Flight Simulator (Xbox Series X|S)
  36. Moonglow Bay
  37. Nobody Saves the World
  38. Omno
  39. Party Animals
  40. Perfect Dark
  41. Phoenix Point: Behemoth Edition (console)
  42. Project GR
  43. Project Mara
  44. Project Wingman (PC)
  45. Psychonauts 2
  46. Recompile
  47. Redfall
  48. Replaced
  49. Roboquest
  50. S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2
  51. Sable
  52. Scorn
  53. Senua’s Saga: Hellblade II
  54. She Dreams Elsewhere
  55. Shredders
  56. Skatebird
  57. Slime Rancher 2
  58. Somerville
  59. Starfield
  60. State of Decay 3
  61. The Anacrusis
  62. The Ascent
  63. The Elder Scrolls VI
  64. The Good Life
  65. The Gunk
  66. The Legend of Wright
  67. The Outer Worlds 2
  68. The Red Lantern
  69. The Riftbreaker
  70. Totem Teller
  71. Undungeon
  72. Vapor World: Over the Mind (PC)
  73. Victoria 3 (PC)
  74. Warhammer 40,000: Darktide
  75. Way to the Woods

For 2021 only, there’s 34:

• July (3): Microsoft Flight Simulator (Xbox Series X|S), Omno, The Ascent
  • August (6): 12 minutes, Hades, Library of Ruina, Psychonauts 2, Recompile, Skatebird
  • September (4): Aragami 2, Astria Ascending, Lemnis Gate, Sable
  • October (2): Back 4 Blood, Phoenix Point: Behemoth Edition (console)
  • November (1): Forza Horizon 5
  • December (1): Shredders
  • 2021 TBA (17) : Among Us (console), Anvil: Vault Breaker, Art of Rally, Backbone (console), Dead Static Drive, ExoMecha (DLC/extra content), Halo Infinite, Hello Neighbor 2, Moonglow Bay, Nobody Saves the World, Scorn, She Dreams Elsewhere, The Anacrusis, The Riftbreaker, The Good Life, The Gunk, Undungeon
3 Likes

Thoughts on Last Stop? I don’t really like it. Feels as if the developers wanted to make an indie film but reluctantly opted for a “game” instead (I’ve seen nothing so far that elevates this experience by being interactable, if anything, it detracts from it). Some of the writing is good, some of it is mediocre. My biggest issue early on:

I assume you have to play through three individual storylines to progress the overall narrative but that’s really tedious. It’s like scrolling through Netflix and trying a new show three times (four including the prologue) back to back to back. No one does that. I was invested enough to see John Smith’s story play out, and when it finally gets interesting, you have to go do someone else’s. Lame.

Sounds like Virginia, their previous game. That was only slightly more interactive than Dear Esther. Both ‘games’ are on the boring side of walking sims. I had some hope Last Stop would be more interesting, sigh.

1 Like

Didn’t realize this was from Virginia’s developers. Makes sense.

I wonder when they’ll announce the other Dragon Quest game rumoured to be coming to gamepass.

Which one?

Nick teased another one coming but never said what it was.

I think there is no other modern DQ game outside the first Builders, but I’d see little sense in porting 2 before 1, it would be the usual japanese strangeness on Xbox. XD

Dragon Quest Heroes 2 is my guess.

The Touryst is leaving? I’ll make sure to get on that then! I wish it would just say what the last day is before it leaves.

2 Likes

“Leaving July 31”

Nah, I mean on Xbox itself in the Game Pass app.