Xbox Game Pass |OT| Our Backlogs Are Doomed

I hope this is true. I really enjoyed the first game but never got around to playing the sequel.

1 Like

Thank you! Itā€™s interesting that someone like me who has been gaming for a long time, and a lot, still discovers completely new things. I had no idea about any of this, other than some names Iā€™ve seen floating around. TIL !

6 Likes

Donā€™t give me hope! And donā€™t mention it, I love talking about these games :smiley:

1 Like

Itā€™s only speculation, but it wouldnā€™t be much more strange than the PSO2 situation, if one happened, the other is at least possible.

1 Like

I think the PSO2 situation happened because they were working on New Genesis. So bringing PSO2 to the west finally would build up more hype and a result in a stronger player base for this new version. I wouldnā€™t call it all that strange, itā€™s a sensible move.

Strange because Xbox. :wink:

Anyway, maybe Square will make a new DQ MMO, X is 9 years old now.

I mean, weā€™ve only gotten two mainline console games in the past seventeen years so Iā€™d rather they make more of those.

I fear that they are not as big money moneymakers as a MMO and the current one is clearly old. Itā€™s very possible that an averse risk publisher like Square Enix would plan the safe sequel of a successfull product. DQX-2 is a name very similar to a one Iā€™ve already seen from the same company. XD

1 Like

I do a lot of stock trading and listen to investors meeting all the time, along with looking at financial reports.

Companies that are trying to grow almost always invest most/all their profits into their growth. Microsoft is extremely big but the concept should hold up within each division. They want to grow Xbox(gamepass in particular). They most likely are reinvesting all their Xbox profits back into Xbox and gamepass.

22 million people paying an average of 10$ a month is 220 million per month. If their profit margin on gamepass is 30% than thats 60million$ per month. 60 million that they will likely reinvest by buying up 3rd party content.

It is no coincidence that as gamepass grows they have started getting bigger third party content. Their budget to buy bigger third party content likely goes up every single month.

They wonā€™t just bank their profits and not reinvest it. Microsoft doesnā€™t care if they have an extra billion in cash. Not when they already have 100 billion plus dollars. That does nothing for their stock price. Having 50 million subs or 100 million subs does help their stock.

The name of the game is growth. Netflix is still doing it even though they have 200 million subs.

11 Likes

My heart canā€™t take these teases @Shpeshal_Nick

:chief_think:

4 Likes

Iā€™m guessing he means Game Pass.

1 Like

Yes, thatā€™s why I shared on this thread, aha. Itā€™s my assumption as well :slight_smile:

1 Like

So from Edā€™s twitter we got teases for Tales of Arise, Bravely Default, Dragon Quest Heroes 2 and Watch Dogs Legionā€¦ and maaaaaybe Sekiro?

hope iā€™m not forgetting any game

1 Like

That all sounds great. I hope his sources are right and that these deals donā€™t fall through somehow!

It is a great game but even on Ps4 when it was released it lacked people playing. It is a shame that it does not have rollback net code.

Not watch dogs legion. He said it was MLB, but ppl read it ro be Watch Dogs. Heā€™s not said anything about Sekiro.

He mentioned this in the podcast.

I think the word Legion was capitalized in one of his tweets, possibly the same one that intimated the MLB game too?

1 Like

He said that one was not about WD-L, but hinted that it was about MLB. It indicated confrontation and a challenge to the pitcher.

I peeonally guessed his tweet to be WD-L, btw.

1 Like

Oh I see, I guess I didnā€™t read the ancillary material :sweat_smile: Thanks for clearing it up!

1 Like

Awesome round-up video!

2 Likes