Xbox Game Pass |OT| Our Backlogs Are Doomed

100% agree with you. called it spire lite because I had it being called that on the MinnMax show and wanted to try but ended up playing it more than I thought I would. The name just makes it sound cheap and prevented me from trying it when it first came to GamePass. Though the name is quite apt for the core game loop. It’s if Halo was named Space Shooter

1 Like

Seems plausible

Yeah i could see that. That’d be nice.

1 Like

I don’t think it would be because of the Ubisoft addition but more because look at what you’re getting in Ultimate compared to base.

Base is just Game Pass for Xbox One, Series X/S and that’s it.

Ultimate is Game Pass for Xbox One, Series X/S and PC, Xbox Live Gold, XCloud, EA Play Vault, Ubisoft+ Vault and possibly first party expansions ala Hivebusters. All of this should be at least double the price of the base tier in my opinion. Only $5 extra for what you’re getting is cheap in my opinion.

How about replacing Gold with the Ubisoft Vault?

2 Likes

How about no price increase? That would be ideal…:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I do believe that the Ubisoft vault gets added this Fall while the elimination of Gold is Fall 2022 or Fall 2023 depending on what Microsoft’s internal target is.

So even if that was to happen, it’s years away. I simply look at what’s included in the Ultimate tier and $5 more a month is a steal.

I am pretty sure there will be some reshuffle within tiers. If we look at all the available perks of GPU those are EA Play, Gold, XCloud and possible Ubisoft Vault. Gold will be removed eventually. So what remains is EA Play, XCloud, Ubisoft Vault.

So the possible tiers are (I use Gold for online play)

• Game Pass Xbox → Gold, Game Pass Xbox
  • Game Pass Ultimate → Gold, Game Pass Xbox, Game Pass PC, Game Pass XCoud, EA Play, Ubisoft Vault
  • Game Pass PC → Gold, Game Pass PC, EA Play
  • Game Pass Cloud → Gold, XCloud

The thing is that for the value GPU is too strong. For 15$ it effectively includes Game Pass Xbox,PC,Cloud. Ok, assuming they get Discord - they can throw in the Nitro to each Game Pass tier too. So the updated tiers can be

• Game Pass Xbox → Gold, Game Pass Xbox, Nitro
  • Game Pass Ultimate → Gold, Game Pass Xbox, Game Pass PC, Game Pass XCoud, EA Play, Ubisoft Vault, Nitro
  • Game Pass PC → Gold, Game Pass PC, EA Play, Nitro
  • Game Pass Cloud → Gold, XCloud, Nitro

Throwing in Nitro doesn’t affect anything basically. The question is how they are gonna handle those who don’t have Game Pass but use Discord if there will be some Discord integration (with cloud gaming for example).

YESS

Hmm that’s certainly a bummer

NOOOO

Lol I hope this is just edge cases where some games aren’t in some regions due to the region’s own restrictions and not shit like what Netflix or Amazon does

1 Like

they updated the gamepass app on pc again :thinking:

what are the changes?

less plodding

they moved around stuff in the game pages

gift option(maybe it was already there?)

highlighting discounts, either from gpass or the dev sale

they collapsed details/reviews/requirements&other stuff into three separate screens instead of scrolling and scrolling and scrolling…

Song of Iron’s dev liked this tweet lol

3 Likes

If the next battlefield’s multiplayer is free then it coming to gamepass won’t be that big of a deal.

Just finished Outriders. Overall I thought it was a solid experience. Great combat and weapon customization, well thought out loot system. The game is at times bogged down by a hilariously bad story and some bizarre design choices. The whole cutscene into a loading screen into a new area is mind boggling. I don’t know why Square made this game always online. Ok I don’t know that it was Squares decision but it just has Square written all over it. Thought about going for the 1000 gamer score but I don’t want to grind the accolades so I’ll probably pass. All in all this was a good, not great game that I’m glad came to Gamepass so I could give it a try and I’m happy for people can fly on the games success.

Also give People Can Fly a bigger budget and a better publisher that can hook them up with support studios to iron out the kinks and I think they could make something special.

I hope People Can Fly owns the IP so if another publisher wants to fund a sequel, they can do so wholeheartedly

I think the world itself was actually cool and there are things that can be done with it that would have me interested in a sequel.

Ok since I’m done with Outriders should I start the dishonored series, go back to Outer Worlds or start Crackdown 3?

Those all play very differently. How far into Outer Worlds are you? My general position is focus on finishing what you’ve started. Dishonored series is great, though.

I’m having trouble remembering names but I just added that one guy to my party on the space station. That’s the last thing I remember. I might have made it a little farther but that’s the last big thing I remember

I can’t remember why I stopped playing.