Xbox FanFest General thread

I do find it weird they’re not giving away the other prizes, like just enter people randomly in a sweepstake to get the other prizes. Ah well, can’t complain too much since it was free, and I had trivia in the background while watching tv

Hey gang, there’s another Fanfest event starting right now I think. The site is busted for me of course, but maybe you’ll have more luck!

Edit: It’s loaded for me but the site is having a hard time loading. Looks like a bunch of sweepstakes for an X, an S, the fridge, and a bunch of “XSuite” things with a variety of Xbox people like Spencer, Greenberg, and Nelson (there are more but I don’t know them)

Edit 2: Went through for me, the item sweepstakes are up until the 10th, and the Xsuite things are meet and greets where you can ask the person a gaming-related question.

The other people are Hugo Martin (game director at id Software) and content creators iJustine and Jenna Ezarik (I don’t know them)

Opted in for these. As per rules, being outside of US/Canada i’ll receive cash gift card instead of physical prize if i win. Anybody know if that’s xbox credit?

1 Like

Signed up :slight_smile: Went for Q&A with Phil Spencer and Aaron Greenberg, as they the only ones I feel I would have questions for.

& I don’t have a clue who Justine and Jenna are either.

I’d rather have the equivalent value, personally :stuck_out_tongue: Sorry, not a clue about the form the payment takes, it would be nuts to have like 3000 USD in MS Credit if you won the fridge.

I signed up for everything. I don’t have any questions ready for anybody but I figured I could crowdsource here in case I win :wink:

Yeah that would set me up until next gen for sure :joy:

1 Like

It’s weird that people don’t know who iJustine is, considering she’s been around for a decade. Was one of the first Internet Stars with the iPhone bill video. It’s like not knowing Grumpy Cat :joy: Probably a generational thing, I’m old as fuck. For you kids, she was the Ninja of the early 2000s, but less annoying :joy:

I’m 30 and I know who grumpy cat is haha. I guess it’s probably because I never looked up iPhone etc. Then again I’m not a big social person watcher, I only really watch fighting game tournaments or game events (e3, gamescon etc) I never even heard of Dr disrespect till he got banned lol.

The most important question…

WHEN’S KILLER INSTINCT?!

Yeah, me too, over 30 years old but I’ve never heard of iJustine. Guess I just ran in different circles lol

I suppose I can share this with you guys. I got a spot in today’s XSuite with Major Nelson. Very excited to meet him over Teams. I do have a question in mind, and I’ll see if I can share anything but I don’t want to violate any NDAs. Very excited.

3 Likes

Is your question Viva Pinata related?

Can’t say it is. Sorry

1 Like

So I just finished up the XSuite with Major Nelson. Wonderful guy, so kind, patient and funny. I was told there was no NDA (I just couldn’t record), so here are some of the takeaways.

• Major Nelson’s Favorite Series X|S Feature is Quick Resume

• Major Nelson is happy to visit London as soon as it’s safe.

• Xbox is trying to find the best way to unify libraries for easy access (i.e. Seeing that you can play Dishonored 2 on Xbox when logged in on PC)

• Larry believes Game Pass has made people focus more on playing and less on having to ration funds.

• Larry shared some fun ideas for crossovers like Apex Legends characters in Halo or Bioshock characters in Telltale’s Walking Dead (a fun question).

• My personal question is once the ink dries on the Zenimax deal, whether they plan to have a stream celebration, another Major Nelson podcast, etc. and Major Nelson said once the ink dries and the companies are one, we will definitely here more. :slight_smile:

• Larry reiterates the need for accessibility and says MS will continue their efforts, even down to small things like making packaging easier to open.

• Major Nelson confirms that the acquisition of smash.gg was an MSN decision, not an Xbox one. Currently no plans for integration of the service into Xbox, but that is not to say it won’t be in the future.

• Major Nelson says there should hopefully be more news in 2021 on storage expansions like the card that might be bigger, different, etc.

• Then, Major Nelson commented on some of the great efforts under XGS for diverse stories that are helpful and respectful like Hellblade and Psychonauts after a Psychologist brought up the profound positive impact that Psychonauts and We Happy Few has had. He also mentioned how Minecraft really is the digital playground that helps in psychological development.

• Finally, he’s asked his favorite game he’s played on Xbox and his personal favorite is Bioshock.

7 Likes

Very cool! Been listening to his podcast for as long as I can remember. He sounds like a really down to earth guy.

1 Like

@deogame thank you for the write up, and must have been a great experience

1 Like

No worries. It definitely was! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Anyone watching the Fanfest talks tonight? Was planning to, but now I have to go do stuff on site for work tonight instead.

Malik Prince, Ethan Rothamel are the hosts, Major Nelson and Bianca Ciotti from Game Pass are the special guests.

Malik is a gem. I want to see more of him.

Despite Maliks great efforts, it’s not a fun watch so far. I wish these people were allowed to express their honest opinions without any worry. I think it would make these type of shows more enjoyable and engaging with fans.

Edit: No one else watched this ? Just to summarize, it was fairly short I think maybe an hour ? Much better organized than the last time lol. Malik is great. There were only 2 guests, 1 was Bianca (barely 1 year old employee of ID@Xbox) and Major Nelson. The entire show was basically an ad for ID titles and gamepass. They asked a few questions in chat and at the end gave people a 25% discount at fanfest Xbox gear. And at the end of the show they said 1 person will be randomly getting a Series S. That was the show. Honestly, I wished it was better. More rewarding for fans. They said we were allowed to ask questions but barely any questions got asked.

2 Likes

I had it on in the background. It seemed like Malik and I wanna say Ethan had some good chemistry. I missed out on all the codes for GPU and blankets :laughing: I didn’t have super high expectations after last time’s clusterfuck, so this was a pretty nice surprise overall.

2 Likes