Xbox FanFest General thread

Everyone who participated in the experience today earned a **25% off discount code that applies towards the purchase of a single item in the Xbox Gear Shop at [https://gear.xbox.com] . This code will expire at 11:59pm PT on April 18, 2021.

• To redeem, first add the product to your cart.
  • During the checkout process, copy and paste your unique promo code (shown below) into the “gift card or discount code” field.
    • Your promo code: XBOXFANFEST-5WK-KC
  • Click “apply”.
  • If you have any issues with redemption of your promo code, please contact customer support at [contact@xboxgearshop.com].

If anyone plans on buying something within 2 days, use this code.

2 Likes

Oh yeah, good looking out, here’s mine: XBOXFANFEST-84Q-58

2 Likes

Guess I should have signed in somehow. But doesn’t sound like I missed a lot?

1 Like

Materially, you could have won some free GPU or Xbox blankets (the chat mods dropped in maybe 5 codes total). They also said that every person watching would be entered into a raffle to win a Series S.

I don’t think they announced anything. There was some small engagement where they conducted trivia through polls and if the correct answer won, they awarded discounts to the Xbox gear store (not sure if this was the same thing as the coupon codes posted above) and most of what I heard was about shining a light on certain Game Pass games.

Like I said earlier, it seems to have gone off without a hitch and I think it was the first time they did something like this. Not bad!

1 Like

Sounds neat. It sounded like this might be a recurring series of things. I think if they could get someone from Rare or another studio for each and ask some questions from audience, interview them, that could be really interesting.

Glad there weren’t technical issues this time around though. I know people were pretty disappointed with the first one.

1 Like

Yeah, it was really night and day in terms of smoothness. It’s a shame I had other things to do. Frankly, I tuned in for the tangible rewards, but I did enjoy the banter and guests. I’d like to see more of this too.

1 Like

Hey gang, just a reminder that there’s a thing happening tomorrow before the big show:

I might keep an eye on it, just to see if I can snag any freebies since I missed them last time.

1 Like

Awesome I signed up earlier and submitted an important question, asking when is killer Instinct for Phil Spencer :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey NA Halo fans, it looks like they’re doing a tournament with big money prizes

Get in there and get that money!

Edit: This is for Halo 3.

1 Like

Little FanFest giveaway at the moment. 2 ways to enter.

Can also enter via Xbox FanFest | Xbox

1 Like

Just received this in my inbox:

There’s quite a lot of prizes, including Elite controllers, Xbox Gear gift cards, Microsoft points, personalized FanFest jerseys, and a bunch more. The grand prize is worth over $1,000 and includes a Series S, an Elite 2 controller, 12 months of GPU, 310k rewards points, and much more.

To sign up, go to Xbox.com/FanFest or check your email if you’re already a FanFest member.

6 Likes

Deogame - great job so far! You’re # 9 I’m guessing?, I’m currently # 10 :slight_smile: but I don’t think I can keep it up

OH MY! I ended in top 10 :slight_smile: - was NOT expecting that. Highest rank was 5th

3 Likes

188, damn some of these questions were hard

Was 19 after round 5

3 Likes

Congrats!!! :slight_smile:

Ended up in 30th. Still quite happy with my result. Good job on that final round. That one was killer! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I got 18th! GGs to everyone!

4 Likes

Got really lucky with that one. And was hitting myself because I accidentally chose the wrong one for the Gears answer & knew it.

2 Likes

Yeah. Similar boat here. I was overthinking things. “They changed Insane… didn’t they”

They did not. :wink:

1 Like

Way to go everyone! I think I ended in the top 100, probably in the 70s. I didn’t expect the prize pool to be so generous, this should finance a fair few games :grin:

Honestly, I thought way fewer people would show up and that I could easily place in the 500s, but some of the questions were really tough and I certainly didn’t expect like 2500 people.

• The top 500 highest scoring players will receive:
Summary
  • One (1) $10 Xbox Gear Shop Digital Gift Card.
  • Redemption code for 10,000 Microsoft Rewards Points.
  • The top 250 highest scoring players will receive:
Summary
  • One (1) $25 Xbox Gear Shop Digital Gift Card.
  • Redemption code for 50,000 Microsoft Rewards Points.
  • The top 100 highest scoring players will receive:
Summary
  • PowerA Nano Enhanced Wired Controller for Xbox Series X|S – Black.
  • Redemption code for 100,000 Microsoft Rewards Points.
  • The top 10 highest scoring players will receive:
Summary
  • PowerA MOGA XP7-X Plus Bluetooth Controller for Mobile & Cloud Gaming on Android/PC.
  • Xbox FanFest Personalized Jersey.
  • Redemption code for 150,000 Microsoft Rewards Points.
  • The highest scoring player is the Grand Prize winner and will receive:
Summary
  • PowerA MOGA XP7-X Plus Bluetooth Controller for Mobile & Cloud Gaming on Android/PC.
  • Xbox FanFest Personalized Jersey.
  • Redemption code for 150,000 Microsoft Rewards Points.
  • One (1) redemption code for a free 12-month Xbox Game Pass Ultimate Subscription.
  • One (1) Elite [Series 2 Core Controller, I think].
  • One (1) Xbox Series S. [and a physical trophy as well I think]

If you turn them in for MS store credit:
10.000 points is $9
50.000 points is $53
100.000 points is $109
150.000 points is $162

So including the actual digital gift cards, top 250 get $97 (and close to 100 with leftover points), top 100 get $210 with no leftover points, top 10 and first place get $372.
^The digital gift cards are for the gear shop, my mistake!

Edit: Just got my prize! Check your e-mails, people, there’s a time-sensitive one.

2nd edit: The month of GPU they offer is "Valid for new Xbox Game Pass members only. " so if you’re here, you should probably go for the $5 or 2500 points.

2 Likes

Uh, sorry to double post but holy shit:

CHECK YOUR E-MAILS @DeoGame @Zip @TheSlickTony @Khalid117x

8 Likes