Xbox FanFest General thread

The most important question…

WHEN’S KILLER INSTINCT?!

Yeah, me too, over 30 years old but I’ve never heard of iJustine. Guess I just ran in different circles lol

I suppose I can share this with you guys. I got a spot in today’s XSuite with Major Nelson. Very excited to meet him over Teams. I do have a question in mind, and I’ll see if I can share anything but I don’t want to violate any NDAs. Very excited.

3 Likes

Is your question Viva Pinata related?

Can’t say it is. Sorry

1 Like

So I just finished up the XSuite with Major Nelson. Wonderful guy, so kind, patient and funny. I was told there was no NDA (I just couldn’t record), so here are some of the takeaways.

• Major Nelson’s Favorite Series X|S Feature is Quick Resume

• Major Nelson is happy to visit London as soon as it’s safe.

• Xbox is trying to find the best way to unify libraries for easy access (i.e. Seeing that you can play Dishonored 2 on Xbox when logged in on PC)

• Larry believes Game Pass has made people focus more on playing and less on having to ration funds.

• Larry shared some fun ideas for crossovers like Apex Legends characters in Halo or Bioshock characters in Telltale’s Walking Dead (a fun question).

• My personal question is once the ink dries on the Zenimax deal, whether they plan to have a stream celebration, another Major Nelson podcast, etc. and Major Nelson said once the ink dries and the companies are one, we will definitely here more. :slight_smile:

• Larry reiterates the need for accessibility and says MS will continue their efforts, even down to small things like making packaging easier to open.

• Major Nelson confirms that the acquisition of smash.gg was an MSN decision, not an Xbox one. Currently no plans for integration of the service into Xbox, but that is not to say it won’t be in the future.

• Major Nelson says there should hopefully be more news in 2021 on storage expansions like the card that might be bigger, different, etc.

• Then, Major Nelson commented on some of the great efforts under XGS for diverse stories that are helpful and respectful like Hellblade and Psychonauts after a Psychologist brought up the profound positive impact that Psychonauts and We Happy Few has had. He also mentioned how Minecraft really is the digital playground that helps in psychological development.

• Finally, he’s asked his favorite game he’s played on Xbox and his personal favorite is Bioshock.

7 Likes

Very cool! Been listening to his podcast for as long as I can remember. He sounds like a really down to earth guy.

1 Like

@deogame thank you for the write up, and must have been a great experience

1 Like

No worries. It definitely was! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Anyone watching the Fanfest talks tonight? Was planning to, but now I have to go do stuff on site for work tonight instead.

Malik Prince, Ethan Rothamel are the hosts, Major Nelson and Bianca Ciotti from Game Pass are the special guests.

Malik is a gem. I want to see more of him.

Despite Maliks great efforts, it’s not a fun watch so far. I wish these people were allowed to express their honest opinions without any worry. I think it would make these type of shows more enjoyable and engaging with fans.

Edit: No one else watched this ? Just to summarize, it was fairly short I think maybe an hour ? Much better organized than the last time lol. Malik is great. There were only 2 guests, 1 was Bianca (barely 1 year old employee of ID@Xbox) and Major Nelson. The entire show was basically an ad for ID titles and gamepass. They asked a few questions in chat and at the end gave people a 25% discount at fanfest Xbox gear. And at the end of the show they said 1 person will be randomly getting a Series S. That was the show. Honestly, I wished it was better. More rewarding for fans. They said we were allowed to ask questions but barely any questions got asked.

2 Likes

I had it on in the background. It seemed like Malik and I wanna say Ethan had some good chemistry. I missed out on all the codes for GPU and blankets :laughing: I didn’t have super high expectations after last time’s clusterfuck, so this was a pretty nice surprise overall.

2 Likes

Everyone who participated in the experience today earned a **25% off discount code that applies towards the purchase of a single item in the Xbox Gear Shop at [https://gear.xbox.com] . This code will expire at 11:59pm PT on April 18, 2021.

• To redeem, first add the product to your cart.
  • During the checkout process, copy and paste your unique promo code (shown below) into the “gift card or discount code” field.
    • Your promo code: XBOXFANFEST-5WK-KC
  • Click “apply”.
  • If you have any issues with redemption of your promo code, please contact customer support at [contact@xboxgearshop.com].

If anyone plans on buying something within 2 days, use this code.

2 Likes

Oh yeah, good looking out, here’s mine: XBOXFANFEST-84Q-58

2 Likes

Guess I should have signed in somehow. But doesn’t sound like I missed a lot?

1 Like

Materially, you could have won some free GPU or Xbox blankets (the chat mods dropped in maybe 5 codes total). They also said that every person watching would be entered into a raffle to win a Series S.

I don’t think they announced anything. There was some small engagement where they conducted trivia through polls and if the correct answer won, they awarded discounts to the Xbox gear store (not sure if this was the same thing as the coupon codes posted above) and most of what I heard was about shining a light on certain Game Pass games.

Like I said earlier, it seems to have gone off without a hitch and I think it was the first time they did something like this. Not bad!

1 Like

Sounds neat. It sounded like this might be a recurring series of things. I think if they could get someone from Rare or another studio for each and ask some questions from audience, interview them, that could be really interesting.

Glad there weren’t technical issues this time around though. I know people were pretty disappointed with the first one.

1 Like

Yeah, it was really night and day in terms of smoothness. It’s a shame I had other things to do. Frankly, I tuned in for the tangible rewards, but I did enjoy the banter and guests. I’d like to see more of this too.

1 Like

Hey gang, just a reminder that there’s a thing happening tomorrow before the big show:

I might keep an eye on it, just to see if I can snag any freebies since I missed them last time.

1 Like

Awesome I signed up earlier and submitted an important question, asking when is killer Instinct for Phil Spencer :slight_smile:

1 Like