Xbox Developer_Direct Showcase coming January 25th. Redfall, Forza Motorsport, ESO, and Minecraft Legends. Starfield show in the works

16 Likes

But guys, Xbox canā€™t attract anyone.

15 Likes

Where is that trending? Bird App?

1 Like

Red fall looks so good.

9 Likes

Iā€™m curious on the graphical makeup of Forza. I know they said 4K60, but if they were referring to the Series X version, Iā€™m not convinced that would be native 4K. Not that it matters as long as itā€™s clean on our displays, Iā€™m just curious if they are using something like FSR to reach the output resolutions. All of the detail they are packing in this game is going to be taxing enough on its own, so itā€™ll be interesting to see how the RT features are used on top of what the engine does to reach this level of performance.

Hopefully we get more info on it tomorrow at Forza monthly. Iā€™d also love to hear more about the physics simulations. Curious if they are moving more into PC-sim territory with this game.

7 Likes

Has to be a reconstructed 4k image. I think they said 4k 60fps with ray tracing in game.

Yeah there no way it native. It would not even be native on a 4080 lol would need FSR or DLSS to pull that off, unless Turn10 are just the optimization king. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Lol bird app. Yes.

Itā€™s not like weā€™re dealing with Forspoken, where the specs acts like itā€™s very demanding due to amazing graphics.

Yeah Twitter aka Bird app.

Square does not know what optimization even is. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

This was easily the best format from Xbox, ever.

They nailed it. I hope we get a lot of these going forward.

13 Likes

Died of broken promises. RIP

1 Like

Just finished watching the showcase. Really good. Love the format, layout and presentation. Only negative which is me nitpicking is the constant cuts to the developers. Show the developers to start and end the game while talking over what weā€™re seeing and it would be perfect. Okay, game wise -

• Minecraft Legends looks really cool but itā€™s not for me. Releases on April 18th which is two weeks before Redfall and two to three weeks after Ghostwire Tokyo releases on Xbox Series.
  • HiFi Rush is definitely unique and looks really good but not my type of game, however, when I sign up to Game Pass to play Atomic Heart in April, I will check it out. Dropping today was definitely unexpected.
  • Forza Motorsport looks great. Wish the damage on the cars was ā€œmoreā€ but I know why they canā€™t do it. Not surprised that there wasnā€™t a release date. I have always expected late September and im staying with it.
  • The Elder Scrolls Online isnā€™t for me but holy shit, they have a massive ton of expansions and content for the game.
  • Redfall looks great and im really hyped for it. Canā€™t wait!!! Playing solo and killing Vampires!!! Letā€™s go baby!!! May 2nd officially confirmed.

Microsoft first party for 2023 thus far -

• HiFi Rush (January 25th)
  • Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition (January 31st)
  • Ghostwire Tokyo (late March/early April)
  • Minecraft Legends (April 18th)
  • Redfall (May 2nd)
  • The Elder Scrolls next expansion (June 20th)

TBA -

• Forza Motorsport (late September is my guess)
  • Age of Empires IV (October is my guess)
  • Starfield (November is my guess)

Overall, a great lineup spread out throughout 2023 and can build a lot of momentum going into 2024.

4 Likes

Just beat the ā€œsecond bossā€ in hi-fi rush, the trailer doesnā€™t do it justice, and I donā€™t mean the trailer is bad itā€™s very good, the game is amazing though, people that will play it tomorrow or later today are in for a treat.

11 Likes

I still say June for FM, that means Starfield might get push back cause thereā€™s not enough month left in the 1st half of 2023.

1 Like

I just donā€™t see June happening. TESO expansion is June 20th. Diablo IV is June 6th and granted itā€™s not Microsoftā€™s yet but I believe that it will be by then. Just no reason to over saturate June. But weā€™ll see.

TESO is a old game, i donā€™t think it matter. Diablo 4 is not a 1st party game yet, again donā€™t matter. I still think Xbox will release at least one 1st party game in June that is not on Playstation also.

1 Like

Maybe but if Forza was first half, they would have said it instead of Coming 2023. To me, this says delay but a short delay. No reason for them to rush out games and have a potential long gap. The first half for Microsoft in my opinion is set. Now, just need to setup the second half and the entire year is good to go.

1 Like

Yes, it does look weird saying coming soon. Iā€™m fine if it the other way around though, Starfield in June while Forza in September and Hellblade 2 in November why not? lol

1 Like

This actually made me want to try ESO, never really paid any attention to it but it actually looks pretty good. Might see if it can scratch the itch.

1 Like

Unless youā€™re willing to put 200-500 hours into it? you wonā€™t even begin to scratch the surface. It a massive MMO.

1 Like