Xbox Developer_Direct Showcase coming January 25th. Redfall, Forza Motorsport, ESO, and Minecraft Legends. Starfield show in the works

I wasn’t worried. Someone suggested it, someone else replied and explained why they thought it would be a bad idea and I added to that by noting that Forza would likely review very well and that’d be good for it’s marketing cycle. It was a fairly minor conversation I bafflingly got leapt on for by people who apparently didn’t even read the conversation.

1 Like

It was a mistake from me, after more thoughts there no way they shadow drop Forza. Only side projects game will Xbox shadow drop like Hi-Fi Rush.

That’s fair, there was nothing wrong with giving your thoughts on it and being willing to change your mind when other people make points is a good thing :man_shrugging: Hi-Fi Rush is totally the perfect sort of game to shadow drop though.

5 Likes

Anyone who isn’t super pumped for redfall after that must hate gaming, or just be plain trolling.

It looks absolutely amazing in every single way. Does it have matchmaking?

4 Likes

Interesting in insight to read what Mikami said during the TGS interview with Phil Spencer back in 2021:

10 Likes

how about this, stop even entertaining every ridiculous hypothetical someone posts on the internet. happens WAY too much on this forum.

3 Likes

People have different taste? it fine if they don’t like it, just like some people don’t like Forza while i love Forza. They are not wrong. It’s just their personal game preference.

1 Like

We having a discussion relax, as long as we don’t attack each other, should be fine.

6 Likes

It was a fairly small and reasonable discussion and it ended with the person who posted their initial thought admitting their mistake. There was nothing wrong with it as a conversation until people who didn’t even read the conversation to find out what it was about got involved.

5 Likes

Mikami himself isn’t currently working on something, is he?

1 Like

Tango really might become our sleeper studio and i am intrigued what they would come up with next because hi-fi rush is a banger so far

1 Like

He is, we just don’t know yet. I like it like that.

3 Likes

Redfall looking tasty… Doing that shit solo…

6 Likes

I can never say enough how good this Developer_Direct was. They really nailed the format on the first try.

11 Likes

Dude chill out lmao.

5 Likes

Format is very good. The only minus for me was the constant jump-cuts to developers in the Minecraft trailer. Felt like they would have benefitted from splitting the screen in certain sections.

2 Likes

I believe they all done these with their own stuff unless they all have same producer and what not.

Probably. Would seem like a pain in the ass to drag the same production team across the world for some trailers.

Perhaps. Still, the devs look like they had a lot of fun doing so.

Me 2 Solo. If it plays like i think it does, Deathloop/Dishonored/Prey style. It will be great.

4 Likes