Xbox Developer_Direct Showcase coming January 25th. Redfall, Forza Motorsport, ESO, and Minecraft Legends. Starfield show in the works

To be honest, just seeing RedFall would already be great for me.

7 Likes

Iā€™m not the most positive person right here but i have to disagree, MS got a lot of justified hate and laughs this years with the delays, we had pretty much nothing.

But delaying Starfield to fall while releasing Forza Motorsport and Redfall in March-May? Iā€™m totally ok with that, itā€™s not like we wonā€™t have what to play this time.

What wouldnā€™t be forgivable is for MS to have another drought of 6-12 months after this, Hellblade 2 and Avowed should cover first and second half of 2024, also Coalition and Compulsion are likely to have something for that year too, so i think weā€™re fine from now on.

Peopleā€™s expecting a lot from MS due to this lacking year, and a show with just Redfall and Forza, which arent the typical games with a story etc (Redfall is but Arkane games havenā€™t been for the masses so far, you know what i mean), might leave some people disappointed, but if we get some late March release or even April for at least one of these, itā€™ll be great, the wait is almost over thank god.

I still think the best name for this, if its a continuing series like a Nintendo Direct, was ā€œDirect Xboxā€. For all the most obvious reasons.

2 Likes

You mean third party games in regards to marketing deals but not on Game Pass OR do you mean day one third party games on Game Pass?

Finally some news/release dates for some upcoming games. Would be nice to get some Starfield info but can definitely see it having its own show.

It does make sense since itā€™s going to be a huge one for Xbox, but itā€™s also unusual for BGS at the same time. Fallout 4 got one deep dive, and then some previews by media and then release. But as much as I hope Starfield IS there in some way, I get it. It would overshadow most of the other games.

After all Sony knows this too, thatā€™s why they had a dedicated stream for HFW and GOWR (if Iā€™m not mistaken on the last one), but they DID also have a trailer for HFW in one of their shows too along with all other (smaller) games. So with that in mind I say, why not?

3 Likes
  • Xbox Direct - Jan
  • Starfield Todd God Howard Direct - Feb-Mar
  • E3 - June

TGS, Gamescom, X023 etc after E3.

We all asked for it. Believe.

11 Likes

I really donā€™t care if they show Starfield or not (itā€™s my most anticipated game), but itā€™s just nice to have a show.

Iā€™m also looking forward to more ZOS news. Itā€™s either the new IP or the next chapter for ESO.

Should be a good show. :crossed_fingers:

8 Likes

I canā€™t see this being the case. Jesse got a reply from Megan McGamePass last week that they were working on it, and Jesse specifically mentioned the first wave. We also had several ā€œleaksā€ of some games to be added too. Tomorrow is gonna have a wave 1 announcement.

And what to name it when the focused game(s) release on PC first with Xbox being a year away? Or when some of the game(s) are mobile?

There is more in their wheelhouse than xbox consoles.

1 Like

True but Xbox counts all those devices as a general platform

MicrosoftGamingEra when?

1 Like

looks at Xbox logos plastered all over windows install

Sure.

I mean, I suppose if you ignore that Direct X Ultimateā€™s entire purpose is to essentially unify PC/Xbox development to a greater degree, they would need different names.

Matty had surprisingly little to say regarding Starfield in his new video. Then again, thereā€™s only so much you can say about it. For those interestedā€¦

He says there are two ways you look at it, depending on if youā€™re a glass half full kind of dude, or a glass half empty kind of dude. If the former, BGS waits until Feb/March, release date announcement for June, balls to the wall marketing campaign.

If the latter, well, game is just not done, or in trouble, not coming along as smoothly as needed.

Iā€™m definitely going with the former then, the support page that went online is one sign, the rumor about the playtesters too. Iā€™d like to think these are good signs.

Which doesnā€™t exist for mobile. I think the next biggest mobile game would be a Warcraft title. So there is some time, but why come up with a name today when you know you have to change it again.

Why would you have to change it? Mobile uses an Xbox app. Microsoft gaming brand is called Xbox. It ceased being console centric a long time ago.

3 Likes

I agree with this. Xbox ecosystem and all.

2 Likes

So youā€™d rather they rebrand all the existing King games and future games under ā€œxboxā€ ?

1 Like

I expect it would be the latter. Definitely not the place where one should expect some big third party game getting announced.