Xbox Developer_Direct Showcase coming January 25th. Redfall, Forza Motorsport, ESO, and Minecraft Legends. Starfield show in the works

Probably. i would prefer it if came from official source rather than a leak tbh. Until that we still don’t know anything about the event. Pretty much nothing new at all really.

2 Likes

Bets on length?

But all the names people suggested aren’t exactly lined up with general Xbox branding, Xbox Next and so on even Inside Xbox isn’t exactly lined up with other marketing and branding stuff. They ain’t gonna call it the Game pass games show case or anything like that.

They might call this the Xbox Developers Direct, with a focus on devs talking over extended gameplay, They might call the E3 show Xbox E3 Direct, Xbox Starfield Direct, Xbox Game Pass Direct and I think you get the idea.

Idk I’m just not fussy on what they call it, the could call it Xbox sucks and has no games direct for all they want :joy: if it has the content I want I will be happy.

4 Likes

Obsidian doesn’t like jez anymore, an Xbox employee tweeted out she wished leaks stopped in 2023. I can easily see this moving to fuck with leakers.

2 Likes

Developer Direct sounds like one of those developer streams where they discuss software development :man_shrugging:

30-40m

6 Likes

I agree with Benji here, IMO if Starfield won’t be there they should clear it up before the show even and make it clear it’ll get it’s dedicated show later on just to avoid a bunch of angry people during the show when they realize Starfield isn’t there.

15 Likes

Yes. It would also let people focus on the actual content rather than WHERE IS STARFIELD!!?? everywhere.

8 Likes

Only in this world can a leak of what may be there be taken as negative news. I am so disappointed in social media narratives and everyone that is following along like lemmings.

Be brave. Break the cycle.

17 Likes

Exactly this.

If we assume that it’s a total no show there, please communicate this beforehand. But we all know their communication isn’t always super great, *cough, E3 with only the twelve months thing. * and with Game Pass a few times now too.

Why not cover Redfall, FM, etc for the largest part and then have a short trailer/teaser of Starfield with the date for that Direct in it? Everybody happy. In my book that would be ideal.

2 Likes

What if, and bear with me here people, what if… we let them announce their thing before getting disappointed, jumping to conclusions and/or offering them advice on what the thing they haven’t announced yet should have or not have. :smile:

17 Likes

Yup, like I said earlier I don’t care much for leaks that doesn’t even tell us anything. I want official info, this is rather pointless.

But here we are with an article posted, for a reason I assume? So speculations and what-ifs are all there is.

3 Likes

The world is a very instant reactionary place nowadays, I blame social media, YouTube algorithms and click bait headlines. This is for everything not just gaming.

8 Likes

Out of curiosity, who is taking this as negative news?

Other forums, twitter/etc. The usual suspects. The only focus is on the potential Starfield thing and not that a show, which they all asked for, is possibly coming.

13 Likes

People are so dumb. It’s quite fascinating really.

I’m very glad for this place.

11 Likes
10 Likes

The problem is that if they acknowledge the lack of Starfield, then it might lead to less viewers. But at the same time not acknowledging it will either lead to “bad smoke” around the showcase or the disappointment after the showcase.

I have been saying for quite a while - Xbox’s community is very fragmented. Minecraft Legends content won’t be acknowledged by people who don’t care about Minecraft and Bethesda has its own cult following. But at the same time Starfield will overshadow everything thus I do think that Starfield needs its own showing.

2 Likes

Cool finally something solid.

But my issue is that I really hope they aren’t holding back GamePass drops for this… We havnt had one in a while and it would be a weird look to only have one end of Jan.

Either way, hyped for the event ! Hopefully there is an official confirmation soon !

If Starfield is delayed until Fall, there is not enough you can do to get in front of it beforehand. The only way Microsoft can not walk into a shitstorm is for Starfield, Forza, and Redfall to all make it out within that 12 month window Microsoft stated last e3 (which is after those games were ALREADY delayed).

Any of those games being delayed again would cause a lot of justified ire / annoyance from the fanbase.

1 Like

I for one am very upset about the things that aren’t in this thing I have never seen and have only known about for 5 minutes!

5 Likes