Xbox Developer_Direct Showcase coming January 25th. Redfall, Forza Motorsport, ESO, and Minecraft Legends. Starfield show in the works

This is how I would do it.

I would not be surprised if Starfield has an independent showcase later.

As long as they are GP games, otherwise :sleeping:

1 Like

Now that there is a smaller event announced, people are getting unnecessarily concerned about Starfield not showing up? It never fails to amaze me that people gravitate towards negativity this easily.

Starfield is not mentioned because Jez was not fully sure about it. The event is meant to be smaller, so maybe Starfield does appear with its own show.

21 Likes

Some people are perpetually miserable

13 Likes

I think all will be well if it’s communicated properly. Personally I don’t need yet another deep dive on the game, I probably will not watch it, I just want that date. Something concrete. If this upcoming Direct is at the end of this month then I guess Starfield could have its direct in February or maybe March, but that’s kinda cutting it close if it’s gonna release before Redfall. But that’s a big if, for all we know they do have it planned to drop in June.

Remember this is a leak from Jez, so at least wait for the official announcement from Xbox before you decide to get your pitch forks out.

9 Likes

We’re all talking in “if” scenarios, because that’s all we can do. I think the reactions so far have been pretty mild so far. I think people just really crave for some certainty regarding this hugely anticipated game. I still see lots of concerns all over the web regarding the release date, I do get it.

We’ll have to see what happens.

2 Likes

The name is shit but the rest sounds lovely. Lets go!

2 Likes

I don´t like the name seemingly points towards protagonism being on devs and their labour, when this should be all about trailers and gameplay, and hopefully reveals. Anyway, we will know soon enough.

3 Likes

Finally.

3 Likes

Needs to be narrated by Cortana.

1 Like

I think the name is fine, it could be a lot worse lol

What’s more important is the actual format

1 Like

Xbox Next name is way better guys :joy:

1 Like

I don’t care what it’s called, I’m just excited to see Xbox talking again. Hoping they show off the next Forza Horizon dlc :grin:

2 Likes

Only Xbox fans could really give a shit about an events name lol :joy:

19 Likes

Maybe it’s just marketing. It feels like it will be trailers and interviews, although it’s fine by me.

1 Like

I think that is simply because the very scattered branding on the Xbox side of things, wether it’s shows, Game Pass, streaming, divisions etc. it’s never consistent.

1 Like

Xbox might just change the date to fuck with jez for leaking it.:rofl:.

7 Likes

That’s the kind of petty fuckery I love and encourage.

3 Likes