Xbox + Bethesda Showcase Leaks... Seriously this is where the leaks/rumors/spoilers go!

Not as a big a deal as I thought then

Was worried the reboots were recent

Well even tho i don’t like leaks, i am glad Tom and Jason talked about the Avowed thing, other way this would be my face as soon as the event ended:

So let’s say Obsidian doesn’t bring Avowed and sticks to a couple minor games.

Which Xbox Game Studios are we expecting to bring some big games? Turn 10 is pretty much a lock, what else?

Praying for Undead Labs with State of Decay and maybe if MS knew about Avowed’s case months ago, they could have put inXile to work to show something here?

Especially if people saw and were impressed by gameplay from an April 2021 build. It’s back to LC on my doom and gloom meter.

at this point all I expect is starfield, redfall and fm7 lol, rest all are on shaky grounds at best

So Jez saw alpha footage after the reboot then.

I think there will be a chunk of XGP games.

I mean, Starfield was delayed essentially for a year and then for another half of year despite being playable even 2020 so…

Anyway, this showcase will be a battlefield of leakers :joy:

And people say MS don’t do controlled leaks :joy:

In terms of substantial things i.e. gameplay, im no longer expecting much from XGS at this outside of updates to current games, SoT, Horizon 5 etc

This show gonna be carried by Bethesda, Global Publishing and third parties I reckon

1 Like

Crazy to think what would Xbox show without Bethesda :grimacing: Probably would become 1h show at best.

Yup. And recall the Avowed leaked footage got out in late 2021 to insiders. And they were impressed. Unless it was an old ass build, it looks like it was ok.

They also have Megan Starks writing and Carrie Patel directing. 2 of Obsidian’s best and brightest new talents. Both of whom shipped a game sizes expansion to Outer Worlds collectively over 18 months dev time.

It’s not like they’re gonna ditch all the assets either.

I’m confident.

You’re going to be slightly disappointed if you’re wanting to see Forza Motorsport 7 shown this year. If you go re-watch an older show though you’ll be OK :blush:

2 Likes

I remember Chris Avellone said something regarding Avowed (some issues with the project or something), but nobody believed him as people don’t like him.

Yeah, he did

Oh, found

https://www.reddit.com/r/GamingLeaksAndRumours/comments/pfpg5b/chris_avellone_avowed_lost_lead_story_dev_lead/

His source is Chris Avellone.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GamingLeaksAndRumours/comments/vam44c/comment/ic38xcg/

Chris hasn’t been at Obsidian for 7 years.

I… hmmm…

1 Like

I don’t think they will show gameplay for games besides the games that are set on releasing before next E3. I’m also willing to be we’ll see some gameplay for a game that has yet to have gameplay at the next TGA’s.

Anyway, we shall see. If no Avowed on the showcase then…well…

7 Likes

I wonder. Do you think they’ll show Stalker again?