Xbox + Bethesda Showcase Leaks... Seriously this is where the leaks/rumors/spoilers go!

Let’s hope it’s not due to no leak is because it’s due to lack of big games. It’s sort of like that for PS Showcase. I mean sure they announced two or three (one of which is timed), but the rest was indies or third party that already announced. Let’s hope it’s more of Nintendo first direct of this year, where it was stacked and practically said “I’m taking this year with an iron fist.”

1 Like

I genuinely think MS has some surprises that they really want to keep secret for as long as possible.

4 Likes

I am kinda baffled how folks could be worried about this show knowing what they have in the pipeline and what could come out in 2023.

11 Likes

How can you be baffled haha half of the shit people worry about is weird and unnecessary, it almost feels like it’s the normal base state for a bunch of people. The annoying thing is to those same people if you don’t agree with them you’re just damage controlling or a shill.

15 Likes

I certainly wouldnt base “no leaks” on the show being disappointing

More likely its because Grubb knew every damn thing going into last years show and they want to stop that sort of thing going forward

The show might be disappointing (I doubt it, I think it will be one of their best) but no leaks will have nothing to do with that

1 Like

Haha, true statement

1 Like

I would say not seeing either of those as Jeff Grubb was the one who was stating about kojima and said the original agreement wasn’t even signed of what type of game they were looking to make until earlier this year

Most of the leaked projects jez spoke are a bit of a ways out from one of his podcasts he mentioned like maybe won’t see a cgi trailer until 2023 for a 2024/2025 release

1 Like

I just want gameplay, lots of gameplay.

1 Like

13 Likes

Let me guess Grounded full release Avowed & Josh Sawyer game

7 Likes

Let me guess further, grounded 1.0 with future bugs life expansion, avowed gameplay trailer 2023 Q1 release and pentiment gameplay trailer 2022 Q4 release. Hopium

4 Likes

Ithink the problem is just that…2023. WE know whats coming. But whats coming this year is the issue.

My excitement for this Show is lessened by those delays…simple because by the time Next June comes around and their next big event…90% of the games shown still won’t be out. So its kind of like…well yeah we can show avowed but avowed isn’t coming for at least another 18 months.

2 Likes

This is true. However Microsoft has been extremely quiet the whole year regarding games. We heard numerous reports of internal teams having issues under Xbox Games Studios. I hope it’s a great show with lots of gameplay

We know what’s coming… But we don’t know anything about it. We don’t know what the games look like, how they play, how big are the worlds, will there be space flight, what other systems/simulations are present in the game.

To me it’s odd that finding out that information is no longer exciting because you have to wait 6 more months to play the game. We normally find out all the kind of stuff much sooner than 6 months before a game is released anyway. I have a hard time imagining people saying “I am not hyped for God of War because it is 12 months away”

7 Likes

I’ll challenge that. There are likely quite a bit of games that will be show and out by next June.

Project Belfry, Project Indus, Project Pentiment, Scorn, Sommerville, As Dusk Falls, Forza Motorsport 8, Goldeneye, Gears Collection, Ark 2, Forza Horizon 5 DLC, Halo Infinite Season 3 and Forge are all very possible or likely to release this year.

Then we have a number of games that are very possible to drop the first half of next year (obviously not all): Starfield, Redfall, Avowed, Contraband, STALKER 2, Replaced.

On top of that there are going to be additional partnered games that we hear about and will hit that window. Plus tons of gamepass support I’m sure.

4 Likes

… that was going to be the case even if Redfall and Starfield weren’t delayed into next year.

Yeah thats all assumptions. If they show stuff coming this year. Great.

My point is people are looking forward to fable gameplay when its years away.

2 Likes

But at least those games were coming out this year and you know you can play them soon.

What if like four games release between January and June next year? Maybe it’s unlikely but it’s not impossible.

Also, we know stuff like Pentiment, Belfry and Forza Motorsport is almost certainly this year.

1 Like