Xbox + Bethesda E3 2021- June 13th @ 10AM PST/1PMEST/6PMBST- Pre-E3 Discussion Thread!

I’m not expecting an MP open beta until July. Give it a week for everyone to play and test out the modes that will be available at launch and there’s no way they have any changes implemented by September. Even November is pushing it.

Haha. People will be crashing left and right. lol

2 Likes

They’ve been flighting dor some time under heavy secrecy. No one has leaked it yet. That is how tight their nda has been. The turnaround from open beta to release will be shorter.

I hope Apple style measures are in place for company leakers.

Discussimg the show like this through Jeff, Rand, Nick and Jez’s inputs have been a major downer. That is, unless we are being systematically misled.

1 Like

Okay…What the Captain Crunch with Fuckberries is going on here???

We need to stop with this arbitrarily rigid “they need to widely space things out” doctrine. Especially if we’re at the point now where we actually think a major AAA first person FPS like Halo can’t even share the same month as a multiplat AA platformer like Psyconauts

And if somehow that was actually a thing …do you really think Halo is the one that would lose it’s spot? “Hey Bonny, it’s Phil. So umm yeah, I know you guys were really set on that September release, but I just spoke with Tim at Double Fine and they want September too. So…I’m sorry but you guys lose. Gonna have to find another mon…what’s that? Why can’t you both have Septemnber??? Are you NUTTS!!! No, no you guys should just put it out in November right next to Battlefield. It’ll be fine. Just make a big deal out of it being the franchises 20 year anniversary. People are stupid, they’ll eat that crap up”

No way MS would even consider bumping Halo because of anothger game. If it comes out in November it will be because that’s when it happens to be ready

And Pete, this isn’t an attack on you in particular, but on this sentiment I keep seeing from people in general on here. And luckily, I don’t believe Microsoft subscribes to it at all in this day and age of gamepass

2 Likes

Regarding the rumor from ACG one ip I would be overjoyed over is prototype from Activision they haven’t done shit with it since 2 in 2012

Lol, the doom and gloom in this topic about a show that hasn’t showed anything yet is kinda hilarious. An E3 with Starfield and Halo gameplay exclusive would already be big in comparison to any other year. Let alone the other announcements that are highly likely (Forza Horizon 5, Project Omen and other things).

11 Likes

also people taking every “negative” rumor as fact and and being more skeptical of any positive rumor.

5 Likes

I am slightly puzzled by the notion that 343i has to show campaign to dispel the graphics critisism when we have seen new screenshots and it looks good but not mind-blowing like people have gone for Ratchet or Horizon.

Let’s face the facts here, it is highly unlikely Infinite will wow us with its graphics when it us finally released and it is going to critisied by certain people regardless. Am I expecting improvements from last year? Yes, but it is not suddenly going look 'next-gen. ’

No, Halo Infinite is going to live or die by its content and quality of gameplay, so again let’s wait and see what they show us before jumping to conclusions.

2 Likes

I mean you could think of several arguments why, but this ain’t it lol. Absolutely no one is gonna trust photos, only in movement will it actually give off the right idea. The criticism wasn’t just the graphics, it was the absolutely horrid pop in, several visual systems still unimplemented all which can only be seen in movement. The photos look amazing, yes, but I’m not really trusting them as indicative enough of how the game’s gonna look in gameplay, which I’d rather get from a trailer or a demo.

again, no one is asking it look next-gen, people wanna see precisely what the improvements are and campaign has the maximum capacity of showing it compared to multiplayer which currently going by several sources is either gonna be a major focus or might indeed be the only focus.

4 Likes

just cancel e3. This is the way. I like it best when Xbox is not beholden to the likes of the gaming media, and has the ability to surprise all.

I know there is value in being a leading part of the ESA and having a talking head countering the govt and so on. But be masters of your own announcements and schedule.

Just announce something out od the blue. E3 is so in the past. Also, a second reason is that leaks are rife during this time.

1 Like

I am waiting for Xbox to give Gamesindustry a big middle finger, and have a good showing generally.

The article in general isn’t too bad, just this one sentence is ridiculous:

“The worst-case scenario is that we end up watching Halo Infinite, Forza, and a bunch of multi-platform third party titles, in a higher-fidelity re-roll of Microsoft’s less inspiring E3 events of the past. In the hopefully unlikely event that that happens, it’ll be time to start getting worried that the company’s Damascene conversion to first-party development might have come too late to give it a fighting chance against its competition.

MS has just acquired Bethesda, how would it ever be too late…

3 Likes

Gaming jornous are already preparing the ground to be disappointed and people still think that they are not biased, lol. They want a Xbox 1:1 replica of Playstation or it’s bad for them.

3 Likes

There will be new AAA games shown, so (some of them being single player focused) according to the rumors, so it looks like they should be satisfied.

How do we push back on articles like this?

The Xbox community loves people to roll their cars and dumb opinions over us.

Stop the doom posting a bit and push back when it is necessary.

2 Likes

just ignore lmao its tiring

3 Likes

Starfield exclusive will annoy maaaany people, including “respected” jornous…I’m waiting for this since last september, lmao.

Coincidentally, the article doesn’t even mention Starfield among the possible titles to be shown, even if it’s on the freaking artwork of the conference. I don’t know anymore if it’s bad faith or ignorance.

1 Like

MS could show the “typhoon,” “omen,”, and “dragon” game at this year’s e3 along with Halo MP ( if we believe the rumors), Starfield, and a new Horizon game along with a bunch of exciting gamepass and back compact support and you’ll still have people complaining. it is what it is.

1 Like

They started the article knowing fully well what they are trying to do. This is a pure clickbait negative article. So Starfield and everything else is secondary.

3 Likes