Xbox + Bethesda E3 2021- June 13th @ 10AM PST/1PMEST/6PMBST- Pre-E3 Discussion Thread!

I don’t know why negative Xbox articles still get so much traction, it’s confusing honestly and I blame fully journos because they are riding the wave till the very end. In my country, being a PS nation, the category is a joke, they are even defending the flip flopping narrative of “believing in generations”, lmao. People need PS on top of the world to breathe.

2 Likes

Psychonauts is prob August

Lol, even after Starfield is released you will still be hearing “it’s not exclusive”. People will start saying “it’s only 6 months timed exclusive, 1 year timed exclusive, 2 year timed exclusive”, and then finally “who cares, that game is old now!”

2 Likes

If “people” are rabid console warriors on forums and Twitter, who cares, I’m mad at jornous who behave like them and there are too many. MS should begin to blacklist people like Bethesda.

1 Like

“We” don’t need to push back against anything.

If you see a garbage clickbait article concern trolling about Xbox, just ignore it & move on.

Some of you guys get way too invested in this stuff. People will write articles, or make videos or whatever, about anything that will get other people talking & reacting. You better believe that in a future where Xbox is releasing loads of new top quality games from all of it’s recently acquired first-party studios, people will start writing articles or making videos talking about how PlayStation is under pressure & struggling to respond.

2 Likes

You could just say the second sentence - don’t worry about it, and move on. I would be simply hapoy with that second sentence.

I can almost visualize your air quotes here.

Sorry Episode 2 GIF by Friends

The first sentence was part of what I wanted to say. There’s no “we” here, that needs to assemble like the avengers to face down the big bad.

Shit, I did it again!

3 Likes

It definitely is, especially like you said it’s a gameplay focused show, well let’s fucking hope so, we’ve yet to see it, lol.

But we don’t know how things went with Avowed. Maybe Grubb’s speculation was correct, the game or E3 assets for Avowed weren’t ready when the playlist was finished. I’d like to believe that, because if they DO have a gameplay trailer for Avowed but opted for ToW 2 trailer…dead.

Really, why not just show both, you know?

Haha. :laughing:

I was visualizing Joey too.

1 Like

I think most of the time this media bias is occurring, it’s not because the guilty party is personally bothered by, for instance, Starfield being an Xbox exclusive. It’s because they know the largest swath of their audience are personally bothered by it

And they also know that anything related to console warring in general will drive clicks and sharing of their content. So they are pandering to those factors

Less an issue of personal preference. More of an issue of integrity, or a lack there of

2 Likes

this is stupid.

We already had the “do or die” E3 last year. Result of an underwelming show and no first party software for half a year? Microsoft and customers canned Xbox. Oh wait, no. They had record revenue and all consoles are sold out most of the time.

So how can there be “little margin of error”? What “error”?

I can’t with these hyperbole. Gamesindustry.biz had good articles in the past. Shame.

3 Likes

It’s ridiculous. If anyone watched the Xbox Era watchalong of E3 2005, they said this exact thing that every E3 is hyped up to be a do or die and only a handful are memorable and @Doncabesa made me laugh when he said that if Xbox can survive E3 2013 then they can survive anything lol.

6 Likes

Yeah, I know that and I blame them for clickbait stuff for clicks, the ones with personal bias are the minority and often with known sides (like McCaffrey, even if lately he doesn’t seem an Xbox fan with his ludicrous takes). A real journalist should tell the truth, not the most “clickable” one, otherwise you are not a journo but a influencer/pr/etc.

It’s going to be fine.

4 Likes

Good point.

As a Switch owner i also disagree with the articles statement about Nintendo: “Its bigger problem, unlike Sony or Microsoft, is hardware-related.”. Nintendos biggest problem is still their own software. Combining home and mobile software divisions didnt gave us less droughts, which is a bit disappointing. But lets see what they show for the rest of this year.

Well, reading this thread sure was a rollercoaster ride of emotions. Really bummed about the resetera comment Prog posted though. I don’t want this place to be known as a place for people to be negative about Xbox.

Let’s just enjoy the show next week. And remember video games are fun.

5 Likes

who is Pog?

Prog* lol

I blame autocorrect, which worries me as it means I’ve written pog.

I just read through the Xbox 1st party threads last 100 or so posts and that particular criticism of this place is completely valid

It was a steady stream of speculative negativity of what to be disappointed about at E3(in the wrong forum, btw), featuring pre-emptive defenses of said negativty because it’s fun to do and even some taunting of the sites mods for not being around to do anything about it

That said, screw what resetera thinks. This place is still a 1000 times better

4 Likes

To add on this post I just finished the Jason Schreier book Press Reset and it gave me more acceptance about the Xbox + Bethesda show. I honestly hope that workers at Xbox Game Studios don’t have to crunch, fear for their jobs or have any of the other problems that Schreier described in his book. If that means that some games are not showable at the upcoming E3 I’m personally fine at it. Starfield + Halo is already big.

3 Likes