Xbox+Bethesda: Discussion Thread

So IF Starfield is announced as an XBox/PC exclusive in summer, what the people who think Bethesda game are coming to Playstation now are going to think ?

Buying an Xbox

I am not corping, but bemoaning Xbox not going through Bethesdaā€™s entire road map of games and talking about every single games exclusivity for the next decade is annoying.

You have been complaining for the past week about this one topic and have finally gotten an answer and are still upset. Xbox was never going to appease you.

10 Likes

So we just gotta be happy and take it in the chin again after the Xbox One era and be grateful we even smelling these games on gamepass. Got it.

4 Likes

We do know now that some games will be exclusives though. We didnā€™t have full confirmation of that before.

Tbh I donā€™t really see how people can read this and not take away that more and more bethesda games will be exclusive to xbox and PC in the future.

Zenimax was a big publisher, they had numerous contractual obligations. Couple that with VR titles, mobile games, MMOs, and the word ā€œsomeā€ isnā€™t as unclear as many seem to think.

8 Likes

They could have tacked it onto the end of the ā€œsome new titlesā€ sentence and it would have worked perfectly.

including some new titles in the future that will be exclusive to Xbox and PC players such as Starfield and Elder Scrolls 6.

Iā€™d take that over 3 more months of reading speculation.

We literally didnt get anything we didnt already know. Today doesnt clear anything and only adds more confusion.

1 Like

Oh shit, I overslept, went to go do some work, AND MISSED EVERYTHING.

Damn you Jeff Grubb, you told me this was supposed to be Thursday! Not today!

Quick Takes:

Honestly? Second best-case scenario actually. Confirmation of exclusives in the future, with the doors open for the Live-Service and GaaS titles. Contractual obligations are a mothertrucker, but what can you do? Stuff like Indy, Wolf III and others might be contratually obligated to be multiplatform this late in the game.

Case-by-case basis is the best weā€™re gonna get right now and Iā€™ll take it.

Also, notice how Microsoft now views Bethesda as First-Party. That should be all you need to know.

Bethesda is now FIrst-Party.

2 Likes

Bethesda is AN XBOX FIRST PARTY PUBLISHER/DEVELOPER. Of course they should go through Bethesdaā€™s entire road map of games. Some of you are acting as if MS struck a deal, for gamepass or whatever, with a 3rd party developer. Bethesda IS Xbox, or should have been I guess.

1 Like

7.5 Billion is not much for MS. They are playing the long game. Snapping up talent and IP for a day when there is no physical Xbox or PS.

1 Like

Dunno what kind of corporations youā€™re working for but it isnā€™t in my experience. Did they go bust?

No, but outside it looks much better than inside lol. Vague messaging is norm - see Jim Ryan for example. But it is dissappointing.

Wait so you expected Microsoft to literally lay a road map of every game theyā€™re planning for the next decade?

5 Likes

Some people donā€™t want to know.

Some people want MS to act juvenile and stick it to Sony.

What we know is that all Bethesda games and DLC will be Day One on Gamepass. There is no confusion there :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is only about acquisitions, and not about confidence. When you are on a large shopping spree, you donā€™t need to answer these questions in black-and-white. There are going to be regulatory hurdles everywhere, and you have to thread those with fan requests of exclusivity. There are no safe answers.

Another thing to consider - none of the other purchased studios said about ā€œsomeā€ exclusive games for Xbox. All of them said about exclusive to Xbox/PC/XCloud.

Guess, we can safely assume that Starfield is time exclusive, Wolf is coming to PS5 the same date, and TES is coming to PS.

I expected MS to treat the announcement of Bethesda the way console makers treat the announcements of acquiring new first party developers.

Bethesda is first-party, offically recognized as so by Microsoft.

Iā€™m not sure whatā€™s there left to discuss.

There are contractual obligations still in place on games we donā€™t know about THAT HAVE TO BE FILLED.

2 Likes

Xbox players had unrealistic expectation

Itā€™s an Xbox wire post, not a conference with game announcement or roadmap

2 Likes

You canā€™t assume any of that.

Contractual obligations!

Well if Starfield is also on playstation, then it would make people assume their heavy hitters will also be on playstation. ā€œSomeā€ leaves door open for that possibility, but nobody will know until actual reveal of game, but I have a suspicion that Starfield will be on PS5