Xbox+Bethesda: Discussion Thread

I think it is pretty clear what their plan is from their wording of the article today and from previous statements.

Almost all new IPs will be Xbox Exclusive, all old franchises will still release multiplatform even if they keep it exclusive for a year maybe.

I honestly think Bethesda’s value is in its heritage and if you’re not going to make ES6 or DOOM or Fallout exclusive, then why pay the full 7.5 billion? but as I have always said (and also heard recently @Shepshal_Ed using the same phrase) Microsoft is a dumb company.

I don’t really care since I am a PC player right now and before that was always a PlayStation player just cause I grew up on it and it is the mainstream gaming system in my region. the only time I did consider getting an Xbox was this generation I even hooked myself up with three years of XGP Ultimate, but after today’s weak handling I will be holding off. after all, PS5 seems like the platform I am going to miss out on the most if I don’t get it.

the only thing I am excited for from today’s press release is fallout 4 coming to game pass, I have been holding off on buying that game on PC for a while now.

Like I expect every game to be exclusive but the messaging today is POOR. Simple as that.

4 Likes

Nothing to do with confidence. All to do with leaving the door open for a future that we dont know about yet.

There is no confusion on this point: All Bethesda games will be Day 1 on Gamepass. We will not have to wait for DLC, or to be concerned that the game will not be optimized for Series S/X.

Another note, Bethesda aren’t locked into just making Fallout/Doom/ES either. They just bloody hired over 2300+ staff that they could make all different games outside of those 3.

If someone want to buy a next gen console, he is going to see Microsoft exclusive during summer conference and it’s going to make him easily choosing. Starfield is going to be huge, more than Horizon, a lot more

Why people who bought console would take their decision by reading an Xbox wire??? Just wait for trailers and gameplay

No need to be clear when nobody can buy a console, in summer, everything is going to be clear

Earlier today someone posted quotes from the Xbox Wire articles for Obsidian and inXile and it mentions the words exclusive several times and is very clear and not vague at all. And at that moment ToW (plus dlc) and Wasteland 3 were still being worked on, but people knew this.

People also know about the existing Deathloop and Ghostwire deals, and also the fact that there’s still DOOM DLC coming. So why not say they will honor the existing deals, obligations and after that everything is Xbox only? What happened to “not sustainable” or wanting a full Xbox ecosystem on the other platforms? I’m not sure what he said here really falls in line what he said in interviews.

I also don’t agree that MMO need PS, FF14 is only on PS and PC and does absolutely fine. But whatever, if that’s the mindset, so be it. What happened to “no, we don’t need PS” something closely along those lines? He said new games will be best on Xbox/GP, meaning it’s multiplatform. To me this means it’s not only Deathloop and Ghostwire, so Wolfenstein 3 probably too. Why though? You’d think they’d make that exclusive, right? It shows they were not willing to cancel it for PS5, of course I’m only assuming here. But this brings doubt about Starfield too, since it has been in development for a long ass time now.

Starfield is a new game, it’s probably one of the “best on Game Pass” titles, sigh . If that’s the case it just shows what a big opportunity Xbox is messing up here. And you gotta wonder why, brand new IP, seemingly no contracts as per Jim Ryan. And if indeed multiplatform, day and date for PS5 as well? While Sony keeps on fucking us over? Who knows, maybe Starfield is one of those “some future titles will be exclusive” games. Not to forget that Sony almost succeeded in locking Starfield up for at least a year.

What will this mean for Bethesda games a few years from now? Sequels to DOOM stay multiplatform? What about if they make a new IP? Arkane? Tango? It’s all assumptions by Twitter people that solely MMO and GaaS is meant but there’s no way to know for sure.

At this point I’m just over it. Of course it’s amazing to get these games day and date on Game Pass, but I feel like Xbox could be delivering the message so much better.

3 Likes

There is confusion for people who are still deciding on which console to buy

1 Like

No wonder that yesterday some guys backpedalled on their 100% confidence in exclusivity…They knew something.

4 Likes

I aline with that imo. Not sure about ES6. What if Bethesda has the demand to leave certain games multiplat?

Yeah, but I want those 3 that’s why I like them.

I don’t get it. Is Xbox+PC not enough? Its so weird that they still feel the need to support ps5 when they developed a entry level system (Series S) for this exact reason.

1 Like

No there is not.

If you want certainty that you can play every Bethesda games on a console, then Xbox is your only choice :slight_smile:

3 Likes

“We will have more to share about what’s next for our teams later this year.”

Come on Phil, seriously. I’ve never met an executive that would accept this vague statement as a delivery date for anything. I bet you don’t :wink:

I’d hope as soon as you are able you’ll give your current Xbox and Game pass customers some more certainty than this.

If it’s E3 say so, then this din may return to low level moaning.

Why would GaaS and MMOs(ESO for example), which have HANDS DOWN THEE HIGHEST RATE of player engagement, not be exclusive to your ecosystem and Gamepass service which needs exclusive content??? It seems like a match made in heaven. It’s the goal to keep people subscribed to your service right? And nothing keeps gamers coming back like MMOs and Multiplayer games.

Also, the complaining about the reactionary discussion here is annoying. It’s like if you aren’t posting “I LOVE GAMEPASS OMG EVERYTHING XBOX DOES IS PERFECT” then you are labeled a concern troll/negative nancy when you could just be expressing valid criticism or expressing your displeasure with the current optics. I know a lot of us are OtherEra exiles and what not but don’t let this place become the opposite of them either. There should be room for people to express non rose colored glass opinions here too. You can love Xbox and still not agree with all of their decisions/communications.

2 Likes

Nothing like xbox funding those games, marketing and paying the salary of everybody involved to give those games to Jim Ryan!

2 Likes

Most expensive gamepass deal ever, with 7.5 billion they should have bought way more «gamepass day one» games than what Bethesda will have to offer.

1 Like

As Microsoft would you take this hurdle and make an agreement or not? What if this could’ve prevented the deal? Certainly a lot “what ifs” in the room.

We literally still don’t know if starfield is going to exclusive or not. People need to stop making assumption until it happens lol

1 Like

Getting real “If it ain’t positive about Xbox then keep it to yourself” vibes here. Not gonna lie.

2 Likes

Actualy vague messaging and lip service is a traditional attitude in corporation and politics.

3 Likes