Xbox announces Developer_Direct for January 18th - Indiana Jones, Avowed, Hellblade II and more

I thought Avowed looked much better than the last showcase, lighting looked much improved, nothing looked out of place. Even Hellblade impressed much more this time round, the last showing was just ok for me.

Indiana Jones looks like a certified banger. With every big game that becomes Xbox exclusive the ps guys keep getting madder, it’s funny to watch.

12 Likes

Indy being a Butcher Bay styled game has me ridiculously excited. I genuinely have no idea why so many are upset its mainly 1st person, its a much more immersive style for me, amd theres still likely to be plenty of occasions you get to see Indy in the game.

11 Likes

It’s called Scribing and allow us to change and modify some skills. This is such a major change since they introduced accessories crafting.

Edit: Every weapon skill can have 3 different kinds of modifications.

Holy shit

https://twitter.com/TESOnline/status/1748094260946059772?t=vd1DfuNHhDFwT0_AQs4lMA&s=19

11 Likes

They can afford it. It’s probably gonna be a low selling physical anyway but it’s a bad look not to have it from a first party organization and it costs nothing to them.

1 Like

Considering how many we haven’t met… So many choices!

They are cooking holy fcking shet!!!

It’s bad in that the few people that buy physical won’t have that option and that it gives them lower store presence

That being said, half of Xbox consoles out there are digital only and most on Series X are also digital only despite having disc drive

It’s shame for those that care but people need to to realise that the market for physical games in on the brink of death, digital has always skewed highly for Xbox and GP accelerated it massively

1 Like

Xbox DD + ESO event

Me:

11 Likes

Even PvP updates ???

7 Likes

Great show. Very happy about the format and the games shown. Seeing Square Enix on the show with Visions of Mana was very unexpected. Better than last year in my opinion.

3 Likes

Oh yes, I hope I didn’t sound like I meant otherwise.

I guess really it’s a result of just doing more shows in general, but it’s nice that a game like Mana got the “guest” slot.

6 Likes

Yeah, just have a limited print at launch and call it a day. I don’t think it cost that much for them to reach the minimum in that regard

1 Like

The newest Deadric Prince Ithelia

Btw I love the artwork of the deluxe edition.

3 Likes

Really liked the show. Avowed graphically looked much-improved from last year, Obsidian games are there to dive deep into the universe and lore. Not sure about the combat but it‘s not what I play these type of games for.

Indiana Jones absolutely blew me away. I‘m glad it‘s not an Uncharted clone, games need to fit the studios that make them and this will absolutely be a MachineGames video game. Love the emphasis on puzzles and the whip.

I’m sure Hellblade 2 will be a great experience but I did hope they were pushing for 15 hours rather than below 10 with all that added development time. It‘s definitely a quality over quantity-game though. I wish Xbox put out physical discs for a game they revealed their console with though…

Played a lot of Civ VI, not sure about ARA yet. This is something you need to play yourself.

Happy about Square-Enix showing up, that‘s a nice symbolic move. Always dreamed for a big Mana game in my 1990s childhood, and now it‘s finally coming! Definitely optimistic about more of Square‘s games coming over to Xbox this year.

13 Likes

24 Likes

Watching the direct, the only thing I think they needed to show off for combat is jumping and jump attacks.

Also, did anyone else notice the mmo like red attack area underneath the lizard around 4:20-4:24 when it started doing a charged attack?

Nice to see the side step, although generally I just jump to the side in most games.

Sooo glad Indy is first person :slight_smile:

Love Hellblade 2 staying true to their strengths and making a game that fits the theme and xbox letting them do it!

Avowed looks like jank imo did not like it

Facts!

https://x.com/JezCorden/status/1748092778075017492?s=20

11 Likes

Hellblade is looking incredible.

1 Like

This direct was great

1 Like