Xbox announces Developer_Direct for January 18th - Indiana Jones, Avowed, Hellblade II and more

I was off for a few days. I am glad I could come back for the DD direct. I really liked Awoved and Indy.

1 Like

Looks like a really good lineup already for 2024 with some visually great looking games. Especially looking forward to Avowed. I would have preferred that Indy was 3rd person but it still looks like a great game and more interested in it than I was before. Had hoped to see a little more combat from Hellblade2 but nice we got a release date at least.

1 Like

They focused on the combat because honestly itā€™s the most visceral Iā€™ve seen in a first person ARPG. And what most of the gameplay will consist of.

4 Likes

It is kind of hilarious how much of a spiritual successor of Riddick, Indy is looking.

10 Likes

IMO, 2023 was the start of the new era of Xbox exclusives massive output, but in 2024 it will be consolidated. Indiana Jones, Hellblade, Avowed and Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024, plus smaller games like Ara and Towerborne, and with promising timed exclusives like STALKER 2, this year is shaping to be the best year of Xbox exclusives in a while.

And to think that Xboxā€™s output will get even crazier in the next few yearsā€¦

8 Likes

What a big difference a few months can make. I remember how the complaints were how underwhelming or flat the lighting was and that has received a big upgrade.

9 Likes

I think the combat is going to be one of those things where you have to play it to get a feel for whether itā€™s good or not. I think it looks fine, but admittedly, the combat is the thing I care about least with this game. Itā€™s an Obsidian RPG and I canā€™t wait to dive into it.

9 Likes

Excellent show. I liked what i saw.

Indy is in very good and capable hands at Machine Games. Canā€™t wait.

Avowed looks like a Obisidian RPG. Which is absolutely fine and all I ever asked for :+1:

Incredible art

10 Likes

This was a great presentation! No complaints from me and it was cool to see Square crashing the party as well.

4 Likes

That Avowed boxart is special. #rarecloth

4 Likes

Hellblade 2 be a digital only is a choiceā€¦

Avowed, Indy, and of course Mana for me. And Iā€™m happy to see theyā€™re carrying out the ā€œkeep drilling the JP gamesā€ strategy even at Developer Directs lol

3 Likes

I want to see them crashing the party in June again, this time carrying even more goods. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Oh shit ESO introduced new Deadric prince !!! OMG

8 Likes

off topic: I mean Japanese games have always had a decent presence at Xbox shows throughout the history of Xbox.

8 Likes

No lies detected

Omg they changed the skill system in ESO. This is the first major changes since Summerset.

ZOS:

9 Likes

Iā€™m curious if this also includes digital release Game Cards in store?! Iā€™ve seen quite a few digital game cards now and wonder when they say digital only, just means not printing boxed blueray discs. Iā€™m honestly been all digital for years now, but this could be eventually every major release.

Havenā€™t been able to watch much; have they changed the Champion system again? I miss the original Champion system :frowning:

1 Like

It makes sense, but somewhat disappointing for people that collect physical. For that audience, I wish Microsoft would make a deal with a distributor to distribute their games.