Xbox announces Developer_Direct for January 18th - Indiana Jones, Avowed, Hellblade II and more

Not by much in my case, the big focus on animation being one to one that some games do, always makes games feel sluggish for me.

https://twitter.com/gematsu/status/1747711992838729903?t=gsE6kAqB-lmDR3-a_UncxA&s=19

11 Likes

That’s a long time, I believe more and more there could be a fifth game.

7 Likes

Good to know. Every day’s a school day. Still don’t think it was done very well but again. Just an opinion.

1 Like

Thats a meaty D_D.

There’s also Age of Mythology Retold coming this year, right? I think we can also add KILN and perhaps Gears of War Collection (if the rumors are true) to the list, which would make 10 first party games planned for 2024. It will be a good year for Xbox.

Even if it’s not a 5th game, I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s some kind of announcement at that timescale (approx 10 min per game).

1 Like

I have no idea if Age of Mythology Retold is releasing this year. I do think that Kiln will be the fifth game shown during the Developer Direct. I can see Gears of War collection being announced during the showcase in June, releases in the Fall with a trailer for Gears of War 6 also at the showcase for release in 2025. I don’t know if they release 10 first party games but I can see 8 games which would match last year’s output. 2024 is definitely going to be a great year for Xbox!!

3 Likes

Retold has no specific year attached, it was announced in october 2022 and we know it’s being made with AoE3 DE engine, it will contain all the content plus a new expansion and the music is being remade.

Concerning Double Fine games and rumours, I’d say to expect their games (or at least one) next year for the 25th anniversary of the studios.

Gears Collection doesn’t exist until further notice, I see people talking about it for years with noting attached. Also I don’t see Coalition doing it anyway, remaking old UE3 games with UE5 is no small feat and it would certainly impact the release of Gears 6 (we already surpassed any previous timeline, Gears games were never missing for more than 3 years and this is the fourth).

Anyway, considering almost 49m of runtime, 5 games are a lock, last year runtime was 44m. Also the art already hinted at it.

So…

Who’s ready?

5 Likes

1 Like

Nick said on Twitter he got the weirdest DM on what the rumored 5th game might be. He also said it doesn’t make any sense and that he doesn’t believe it’s real.

Even though he said himself he doesn’t believe that it’s real, it’s still got me thinking what it could even be from a 1st party perspective, cause D_D has been 100% Microsoft published titles.

Either way I personally still believe it’s one of the smaller games from Double Fine, and that’s IF there’s a 5th, with the current announced line-up for D_D I’d still be 100% happy if it was the 4 officially announced games as I’m looking forward to all 4.

I’m so ready for this one.

3 Likes

I'm ready

2 Likes

I think the weirdest thing would mean it’s not 1st party, because this show was fully last year.

Shadow of the Erdtree trailer maybe? it wouldn’t make any sense since it’s a 3rd party but I wouldn’t say no. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I’m 100% expecting everything that is shown and will be shown (today and in the future) on Developer Direct events that it will all be first party.

Starting to think that would be the case.

That would be massive, and also wouldn’t make sense why they aren’t promoting it as that’s something that would pull in a lot of people to watch the show.