Xbox Acquisition |OT6| If this is about competition, let us have competition

Step 1: Buy Viacom Step 2: Rework Nickelodeon away from the SpongeBob madness that it is and make an overwatch show. Profit!

What’s this

Edit. Must be this

7 Likes

Capcom + SEGA!

1 Like

As some have said, what prevents the CMA for replicating the stupid cloud concerns arguments if they were to evaluate any other purchase?

This sucks soooooo much.

6 Likes

True!

1 Like

The size of the deal makes a huge difference

1 Like

If that is the case it only confirms the CMA is shitting the pants falling into the “big company buys big company is defacto bad” panic mode.

4 Likes

Now where are the people saying Xbox shouldn’t do third party deals for exclusives ……

4 Likes

Ubisoft, Sega, CDPR, for example should be no problem i imagine. If MS appeal? the ABK deal will probably drag on till end of 2023 or more. So much time is already wasted. Go after other easier to get PUB’S.

1 Like

They still should buy for Gamepass so content don’t leave. Just go for smaller strategic PUB’S/Studio’s. There are still many left.

1 Like

Xbox Gamers - I want Ubisoft, SEGA or CDPR

MS - We just bought 5 mobile companies, brrrrrr.

2 Likes

Bring it back Phil!

They can do both. With the 70 billion from ABK deal failing, they can buy all them and still have like 20 billion leftover lol.

I can’t believe that the CMA blocks on the Cloud. What joke ! I have never seen Western organizations fight so hard to protect the monopoly and anti-competitive practices of an Asian company.

Do you think acquisitions are blocked until 2024 or Microsoft will still acquire studios by then? I think it’s time to pull out the checkbook and sign dozens of exclusives with XGP.

i think for ms doing gamepass deals is almost like a third exclusive

1 Like

But now it should come with a caveat that it wont be available to the other platform.

3 Likes

I think the Internet will implode if the deals runs into 2024.

1 Like

Hahaha

I feel vindicated. I got booed for saying Xbox should be more aggressive and go back to their old ways lol.

5 Likes

As bad as it sounds, I think folks will stop caring as much once the games hit lol

2 Likes