Xbox Acquisition |OT6| If this is about competition, let us have competition

I don’t rashly think GOG is any barrier nor would it need to be sold off. There are many pc game launchers when realizing that cloud game launchers work just fine. Its also not like Microsoft owns any substantial portion of pc game launchers, STEAM is pretty much that market.

Theyll own Battlenet too soon

Yes, it’s not anything substantial though. Neither is GOG. Steam is the majority of the market and there are more and more pc services to launch games every couple of months with the emergence of cloud gaming.

If Microsoft wants to make halo a big thing again, it’s probably gonna need a few support studios. Look how many people are on call of duty or Fortnite.

3 Likes

Yes. Even if you look at Respawn or Bungie, 343 has half the number of developers

8 Likes

I think SEGA ticks many boxes, it is true, they have tentacles on PC, recently mobile and consoles.

The reactions would be something to behold tho.

5 Likes

Have to agree with SEGA as well, plus they have had the best relationship with Microsoft and Xbox ever since the OG Xbox came out. So like with Bethesda, I think SEGA would be a perfect fit.

8 Likes

I don’t think GOG is a problem. Microsoft could merge the Xbox, Battlenet, and GOG app into one decent app with a dedicated (and DRM-free?) video game store. GOG Galaxy is a very interesting application and I think that with Blizzard and CDPR, Microsoft would finally have the ability to offer PC gamers an application to match.

It’s GAAS supported for years, I don’t think Halo should go that direction. 343i had a good production pace with Halo 4 and Halo 5. Halo just needs a good team that knows where it’s going. Mistakes have been made with Infinite, but the number of employees isn’t really an issue. 343i has been restructured, now we have to give the studio time to start on a good footing and with a new common vision. I don’t think there is a need for a “support” studio, but I’m fine with other studios (like Certain Affinity or Creative Assembly) expanding the Halo universe with other spin-off games. off (and their own vision). I think it would be beneficial to the series.

1 Like
1 Like

Where’s the source? Anyone can write that Jason said something … Is there an article ? Audio ?

I hope they’re just trolling and using JS’s name as part of the bait…

IDK maybe the JS podcast?

5 Likes

Jason said it’s false

It’s positive Xbox news Jason ain’t reporting that lol

12 Likes

7 Likes

I still believe.

2 Likes

Who is this rando that xboxera and otherERA is putting their hopes in?

So it’s fake?

I think get SEGA and let them acquire the smaller independent studios in Japan and then get BLUESIDE [:: :: BLUESIDE ::) or Pearl abyss Pearl Abyss Official Website | Pearl Abyss in South Korea. I don’t really see the interest in CDPR as they don’t seem to have any original IP of their own I’d rather they get Crytek and their engine.

3 Likes