Xbox Acquisition |OT6| If this is about competition, let us have competition

They are nowhere near a level of strong arming Sony.

In the immediate aftermath of the acquisition, not quite. Later down the road, depending how the situation evolves, possibly.

Having the marketing for CoD is a big deal, it’s part of the reason when people always talk about CoD4/Black Ops/MW2 it’s usually the 360 people mention and rarely ps3

While XB1 shat the bed for many reasons, PS getting marketing in 2015 or whatever it was a factor in growing PS in the UK and US and why they are willing to pay so much for it because lets face it, that shit isn’t gonna be cheap, especially getting exclusive modes

Then there’s the other big aspect in GamePass, it might not change things that much in the short term, as it likely won’t go into effect until 2025 due to contracts but in the long term those 2 combined will be a huge deal

Once the mainstream start getting accustomed to seeing Xbox marketing and seeing Day 1 on GP every year CoD is advertised, that’s a big deal

1 Like

names sell. See spider-man. it’s far front sonys best game, but is the biggest

If only I could swap ABK for Ubisoft, I would be so fucking happy. lol

Regulators need to hurry the hell up so Microsoft can be free to acquire Ubisoft. Oh man!! My favorite publisher and developer under Microsoft, all exclusive and day one on Game Pass. Let’s go baby!!!

:joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:

5 Likes

Is this a satire post? No one is saying to Swap ABK for Ubisoft, but Ubisoft does have very well selling big IP’s that will drive many people to Gamepass, that is what MS wants.

Peter means he’d rather have Ubi than ABK

8 Likes

I think he said it :rofl:.

Although I see the clear business argument there are plenty of different publishers/studios I would personally choose over ABK including Ubisoft.

1 Like

I like Ubi games probably more than anyone else on here, but not even i would do that…

lol ABK is on another level.

Seem like satire to me with the lol’s and the laughing till cry emoji lol.

also this is very sus and hint at satire.

“My favorite publisher and developer under Microsoft, all exclusive and day one on Game Pass. Let’s go baby!!!”

We already know not all will be exclusive if MS buy them, the license IP won’t be for sure. also probably Ass Creed to.

1 Like

AC and FC (maybe not Far Cry) would stay multiplat. But AC would stay for sure considering the investment of Ubisoft in that universe (TV series, mobile games and so on).

I think AC would go exclusive for sure. I think it’s really only the GaaS games that they’d keep multiplatform.

but abk with cod, will does very well

ms bought abk not just only for cod and others ip, king being owned by ms, is important for mobile market

Not satire. If I could swap ABK for Ubisoft, I would. ABK is the better business acquisition but im a Ubi guy and don’t care about ABK outside of Diablo IV. So yeah, gimme Ubi!!! lol

Ubisoft has a ton of great IP’s that would drive Game Pass subscriptions. No argument here.

Again, no satire. I would just be so very happy, that’s all. My favorite publisher and developer is Ubisoft so to have them secured under Microsoft and I get all their games day one on Game Pass, oh man.

The licensed IP could be exclusive. It just comes down to money. Disney/Lucas wouldn’t care if Avatar or Star Wars was exclusive if they get paid. KOTOR Remake is a one year timed exclusive and sales will probably suffer on Xbox due to that so yeah, im sure Disney/Lucas would be fine with exclusivity as long as they get paid accordingly.

Maybe Avatar wouldn’t be since it’s multi-platform and Sony has the marketing rights but Star Wars hasn’t been announced for platforms yet as far as I know.

I don’t think any of them stay multi-platform. Ubisoft would be under Microsoft. No reason to keep them multi-platform and they’re nowhere close to COD and aren’t yearly games anymore anyway. The TV, mobile, etc. crap can be eliminated since they’re just a waste of money anyway. Not every game/series needs a TV show or movie.

I know. Business wise, ABK is the far superior purchase. No argument there. But as a consumer and gamer on Xbox, I don’t care about mobile, COD or anything else they have besides Diablo IV where as with Ubisoft, they have a ton of IP’s/games that I love and play every release of.

3 Likes

Agree with you on this. Definitely recognize why they are pursuing ABK, and it does make business sense. But for me personally I wish they had gone after Ubisoft instead, as I have no interest in anything that ABK has made in years and Ubi makes some of my favorites.

1 Like

Being honest I though you where more of a cdpr guy because the profile picture lol

Also yea, the ips are what changed my mind about ubisoft, I used to hate the idea of xbox buying the company that only works on watchdogs, farcry and assasins creeds but with creative freedom things will change, any ip in particular that you want to see back?

I think it is better for them to keep some of them multiplatform, like I said nobody is going to buy a console for monopoly or the other hasbro games haha, and some games could grow a lot with other platforms, xbox will always be a better option because in ps5 they will still need to buy them, but sure they will make big titles exclusive

I just want to see several ubisoft studios working on old xbox and activision titles, especially the ubisoft milan and paris working on rare titles, it would be neat

1 Like

Wow, never thought you like Ubisoft this much also? i always thought i was like the only one here who like Ubisoft Games. Always thought you were a CDPR guy also lol,

I saw this conversation happening in another thread and wanted to comment on it

A lot of people (not you, but others) act like Koei Tecmo is “mid” or not really worth mentioning (maybe because many of their great games still skip only Xbox lol), but I say they’re actually becoming one of the best and varied publishers lately.

Upcoming

• Wo Long (Action/Souls-ish game)
  • Atelier Ryza 3 (JRPG, and it looks like it’s by far the most open Atelier game yet)
  • Rise of the Ronin (Hard to tell at this point, but looks like an open world Assassin’s Creed-ish game)
  • Fate/Samurai Remnant (It was described as ARPG, but since it’s Omega Force it’s likely to be a musou)
  • Wild Hearts (Monster Hunter like)
  • Fatal Frame 4 Remaster (Survival Horror)

When I want to play their entire upcoming lineup… I say they’re a very good publisher, lol.

8 Likes

I played a few COD games last generation but tried playing Black Ops Cold War and quit within an hour or so. Just not into COD anymore. Yeah, I love a lot of Ubisoft’s games. They nail the majority of them for me.

Hahaha. I’m also a CDPR guy. They’re probably my favorite independent development studio (meaning not owned by a publisher) as The Witcher 3 was my game of the PS4/XBO generation and im looking forward to their future lineup of games. I’m still waiting for next big update for Cyberpunk 2077 as they’re supposed adjust a lot more stuff before the expansion releases and once that happens, I’ll get back to it but in the 15 hours I played about a year ago, it’s an easy 9.0/10 minimum for me.

I love Far Cry but I want the series to be like 3 and mainly 4. Give the world and verticality of FC 4 but with a antagonist like Vaas from 3. No RPG elements or anything. Give me my towers, give me some quests, a good story campaign and bounties along with outposts and fortresses and im good to go.

For AC, I loved Origins and Odyssey but Valhalla just felt off combat/gameplay wise and was way too freaking big. If the combat was more fluid and responsive like Origins/Odyssey, I would have done everything but instead, all I did was the story campaign, the raids for the supplies and the viewpoints so I could fast travel. I am hyped for Mirage and the future of AC. The “dark tone” game is of most interest so outside of Mirage, they can stay like Origins/Odyssey.

Watch Dogs is taking a break for a while and my favorite is the original as it’s the best of the three in my opinion. No real RPG elements and let me play as a vigilante. I love Division 1 and 2. I hope for a 3rd but with Massive working on Avatar and Star Wars (both im very interested in), they wouldn’t be the lead. It would probably be Red Storm if it happens. But Division should stay as is along with Immortals Fenyx Rising 2 if it didn’t get cancelled. RS Siege and For Honor are good as is. I would like Ghost Recon Wildlands 2 instead of Breakpoint as I didn’t like Breakpoint at all.

As for what old IP’s I want back - Splinter Cell and I know they’re remaking the original but needs to play more like Conviction because that “slow” style of 2004 or whatever year it was, I don’t think will do well nowadays. So this is one. Linear, mission/chapter based. I would love to see Outland 2 which was a 2D hack and slash platformer developed by Housemarque. I don’t know if Ubisoft still owns the IP or not but if they do, they could hire an outside development studio to develop it.

Wouldn’t mind another Starlink game which is like Starfox but with on foot ground combat combined with the ship combat. Wouldn’t mind a new Rayman game even though I never got into them. Child of Light sequel would be an IP I would like to see return. And Prince of Persia which they have in development but seems to be in hell. Finally, Beyond Good & Evil 2 which again, they have in development but seems to be in hell. lol

Other than those, not sure off the top of my head.

Personally, I would end all those Monopoly and Uno games. I can’t imagine people spending that much money on them. I’m someone who believes that if a hardware manufacturer acquires a company, tehir games should be 100% exclusive to the platform holder that acquired them.

I’m definitely a CDPR guy. See my response above. Ubisoft is great. Have loved them since Splinter Cell Conviction. Here’s two fun facts - Far Cry 3 made me a fan of first person shooters even though I do prefer third person and while I played Sleeping Dogs months earlier in 2012, it was Far Cry 3 that made me a fan of open world games. I love Ubi for the most part but their management starting with Yves have seem to have lost their way. lol.

Outside of the AC mobile game that leaked recently as it looks pretty good, I would cancel all the mobile games and free to play garbage. Ubisoft is trying to get a hit or two in those markets and thus far, they’ve failed horribly. At some point, they need to stop trying to get those hits because for them, it’s just not going to work. Ubi fans like myself want their premium top tier AAA franchises and for them to be great and far less bloated compared to what they currently are. Ubisoft does this and they should be fine.

I am not entirely a big fan of them but I have also changed my opinion about them with the big plans they announced for the future

And well I dont know where to start but damm thats an impressive and very specific post, like seriously dude you clearly love ubisoft more than anybody else and I respect that,

The main problem with the farcry team is that apparently they dont hear the comments from the public, I dont remember where I heard that but is something that they should change, many elements that made farcry 5 good where gone on 6

With ac I think they will go with the right direction with mirage, try to return to the old formula instead of being ambitious with the open world, I have hope they will go for it with the new ac infinity

I think this is the right time to bring back driver, is clear that ubisoft wanted to give competition to gta but is impossible, but maybe taking the driver franchise to this generation could change things, of course is still not going to be at the same level of rockstar but a man can dream

I think that the division 2 was a great game and hopefully they will continue like that, inmortals is a clear example that ubisoft studios can do wonders when they let them do something new, and for honor aswell the other tom clancy games are the reason why I thing not every game should be exclusive, like for example rainbox six extraction, that game could benefit from being on most platforms to gain players, and isnt the type of game that could attract people to xbox but instead to gamepass

You clearly have good ideas for the franchise, it will not surprise me if you end working at ubisoft haha

Never heard of it but it looks great, and definitely any ubisoft studio could make it

This is why I am excited of the idea of several studios being able to grab the ips of xbox, they treated mario and starfox great

Have you tried origins or legends? They are great platformers tbh

I dont know what to expect from beyond good and evil 2, after michel ancel left the industry I am not sure what to expect from it or ubisoft montpellier, they are my favorite studio from the publisher

I think is worth continue making those, you can still get money from the sales on ps and switch aswell attract several families to gamepass, why buy it when you can play it through the service?

Anyways that will be all, I will leave it like that because I dont think it belongs in this thread, glad to hear youre opinion about ubisoft, you know a lot of them