Xbox Acquisition |OT6| If this is about competition, let us have competition

That’s certainly true, but so far contractual obligations have been par for the course when it comes to acquisitions. The thing to remember is the sort of benefit these things would bring in the long run - sure, we wouldn’t get FFXVI right away but we wouldn’t have to watch as the contract gets extended and XVII wouldn’t be tied up in any such issues. There’s also a large selection of smaller titles so we wouldn’t be waiting for quite as long just to see titles start to arrive on Xbox.

Believe it or not. Koei Tecmo would cost more money than Sega. Do you think Microsoft is willing to spend more for Koei Tecmo over Sega? I like Ninja Gaiden and DOA as much as the next guy, but I don’t think either franchise is something inherently special that can’t be replicated and done better with Shinobi or Virtual Fighter. Plus I think objectively you get more value from Sega over Koei who will cost you less.

1 Like

At the end of the day, it’s all about who’s selling. I’d rather SEGA than Koei, since at a minimum, Koei was helping right the ship on Fire Emblem. But if it’s Koei or nobody, with inflation as rampant as it is and Sony moneyhatting in Japan, I’d nab Koei.

1 Like

For me If I am Xbox and I did make a play for Square I break those contracts day one and pay the fines. Anything coming out from day 1 is Xbox and PC and maybe 1 or2 for Nintedo since they have a long history with some of those games. It may bring some bad publicity, but let’s be honest it will most be Sony fans who already complain about every move Xbox makes already, the goodwill of finally opening up Final Fantasy and others day 1 everywhere would far outweigh any bad press in my opinion.

Oh oh course. I was thinking if it’s between the two and both companies are willing to sell for reasonable prices. Then I’m sure MS chooses Sega every time. But like you said, if it’s Koei or nobody, then yeah you grab them.

1 Like

If MS could get Sega, Capcom and CDPR that truly would be special.

Plus it would only be around 10 Billion to get them all, so after Activision Blizzard that isn’t much at all.

4 Likes

Phill’s been saying this loudly. Also Sega and Capcom please and thank you!

4 Likes

Buy From Software Phil. Pay 4 billion like sony did for bungie. if anyone else is invested buy them out. make bloodbourne 2 exclusive and just give it a slightly different name. Do it. If they want to do a big hit to sony do From and Team ninja. i know its not gonna happen

I dont think From is an option anymore.

1 Like

Yeah, I agree. Nobody is buying From Software.

1 Like

In addition to Japanese games, Sega has a very large presence on the PC.

If Koei acquisition is the cost of finally getting Atelier on Xbox then so be it :triumph:

Maybe they could also negotiate with Nintendo to allow Fire Emblem and Hyrule Warriors/FE warriors to come to Xbox in exchange for Nintendo to keep working with Koei lol.

Not gonna happen.

Expecting anything from Nintendo is a fools game

Both of the Fatal Frame games on Xbox are Nintendo. Nintendo has some ownership of the IP and Nintendo staff worked on those games.

But yeah that was more of a jokingly thing for me to say about Fire Emblem lol

Just like Nick said - Nintendo will take a ball with them. And in case of Fire Emblem they will probably make something like Mario Emblem

If Microsoft acquires a Japanese publisher it’s possible Microsoft could get closer to Nintendo and work together on some titles. But it will still be a while before that happens.

Or…

:wink:

1 Like

I don’t think Microsoft will acquire Ubisoft. But Sega on the otherhand…

3 Likes