Xbox Acquisition |OT6| If this is about competition, let us have competition

How about SEGA & Ubisoft :wink:

1 Like

What if they only bought the branches that involve video games?

bandai namco entertainment saga corporation konami entertainment square enix final fantasy studio quotes (just enough to secure finalfantasy releases on gamepass after few months)

They would spend much less and perhaps have fewer problems.

1 Like

You make a great point the only issue is convincing those publisher’s to give up what is probably their most lucrative division in the company, Hence why Microsoft typically buys the whole publisher, the one exception possibly being Sega.

I’ve been thinking a lot about this combination lately as Ubisoft’s market cap continues it’s nosedive currently if Microsoft could get Sammy to let go of Sega for say 2 billion and they purchased Ubisoft for 5.5 billion that would give them 2 publishers for the same price as they paid for Zenimax.Just a thought and Microsoft surly is not as concerned with the financials as much but that is a whole lot of content and studio’s for a budget price point. I’ve got to imagine they are at least looking at it🤔

1 Like

Talk about unusual unexpected acquisitions

5 Likes

I like the Sega idea but creating a Japanese publisher could be an easier path.

Tango

platinum

Cyberconnect 2

JP Studios

Pocket pair

Buy mistwalker to use this name on the publisher.

2 Likes

Creating anything is much more difficult than the acquisition

They really want to diversify :joy:

You are telling me MS will soon own a basketball team?

6 Likes

bandai namco entertainment not so essential to bandai namco. the problem in asia but especially in japan is permits and who is willing to sell not money. the possibilities are endless. think if they bought ncsof 4k devolper and made him do the next yakuza; it would become a kind of gta

1 Like

Capcom is the only perfect acquisition you can do in Japan right now. It does not solve JRPG problem, but the company that solves that problem - Square Enix - is a mess unfortunately.

The question is who will be willing to sell?

5 Likes
6 Likes

I think Tencent will be involved with PCF

1 Like

Yep it’s alot of bang for their buck.

Personally I think Microsoft would just acquire SEGA Sammy as a whole, they are like 2.9 Billion right now, right?

Ubisoft is 3.9 Billion.

So realistically were looking at 10 Billion+ for both which is still a bargain IMO.

1 Like

It is not about being cheap.

I think Sony needs to accept the deal with ABK is going to happen & make their own moves.

Do we think Sony won’t make any major (say $500million plus) acquisitions while the ABK deal is ongoing? I feel they won’t as it gives Microsoft more positive talking points.

If I was Sony I’d be talking to everyone under $5 billion and seeing who I can grab, Ubi, Sega, Capcom etc.

3 Likes

I’d rather it be Sony than Tencent

There is a possibility that no really big acquisitions happen until ABK is done. Too many eyes on the deal and companies are probably waiting for Microsoft. Unless some unexpected implosion of a publisher happens where the stakeholders will be willing to sell as soon as possible, we might not see other deals.

Of course there is a possibility for some some big acquisition from big tech giants, but I think Amazon, Google, Apple and Facebook being under scrutiny limits their movement - especially in the shadow of Microsoft deal.

I don’t see Sony buying any publisher. It just does not make sense for them.

1 Like

If Sony has publisher money, whys the price of the console going up?

I get this is supposed to be a snarky remark, but the price of the console has almost nothing to do with Sony’s acquisition budget.:sweat_smile:

1 Like
5 Likes