Xbox Acquisition |OT6| If this is about competition, let us have competition

I think you may be referring to the Russian copycat which was sued by Hasbro? Prior to Hasbro it was owned by a Canadian company.

I think a Rom game would be awesome (which Hasbro own)!

Rom-1

I’m not sure if they would acquire Hasbro unless they also wanted to get into TV/Movie and Toys tbh. They are similar to Bandai Namco in many ways.

4 Likes

Wait really? I dont know why I always though that the show was made in russia

Just like asobo, certain affinity is a must for xbox

18 Likes

Modified the title to be more accurate to the statement made :wink:

20 Likes

:+1::+1::+1::+1:

1 Like

Dreamt that Certain Affinity was bought by Tencent because MS was still dealing with ABK.

Not happening folks.

20220913_112200

2 Likes

Satya

images.jpeg-19

That picture makes me sad

Apparently Imran Khan said he heard about talks of acquisitions between MS and major Japanese publishers, as well as smaller studios, but obviously he doesn’t know where these talks are right now.

18 Likes

18 Likes

An Xbox acquisition

13 Likes

I mean, Brad Sams essentially confirmed they were talking with Platinum at some point. I’m sure most of us aren’t surprised here. I’ll have to listen to the podcast though. Thanks for sharing bro!

I like your taste in memes.:wink::joy:

8 Likes

The sega sammy shareholders when Phil drops the bag

10 Likes

Let’s dream a little… If Microsoft really wants to expand massively in Japan and is legally able to buy 2 Japanese publishers:

• SEGA
  • Capcom
  • Platinum games
  • CyberConnect2
  • Arc System Works
11 Likes

Sega and Capcom are the best choices. They are well run with a variety of titles and monopolise the 80s arcades.

13 Likes

Yeah, I agree. But I don’t see Sega happening and Capcom is a question mark. But they are cheap (and market caps are tanking heavily). Just look at it

• Sega - 2.9b
  • Capcom - 5.3b
  • Bandai Namco - 14.3b
  • Square Enix - 5b

Certain publishers (worldwide) are just crazy cheap these days. If we look at other cheap publishers

• Paradox - 1.5b
  • Ubisoft - 3.6b
  • CDPR - 2.1b

And they haven’t reached the bottom yet.

1 Like

I have no idea what I just watched lol but it looked very ambitious, I can see it being a massive hit

As for acquisitions, I’m really not sure MS would be allowed another one of the major publishers in the west like EA or T2 and personally I hope that’s the case, they have no need for another western publisher

Phil pretty much said it himself, they are extremely well positioned in the west now, time to look elsewhere where they don’t have teams

2 Likes

Just curious why not Koei Tecmo for Team Ninja and bring Ninja Gaiden back home along with a few more.

2 Likes

Capcom would be such a crazy acquisition, the question of course remains is if they want to get bought. Koei Tecmo seems extremely likely that they would be willing to sell and I wouldn’t be surprised if MS acquired them.

7 Likes