Xbox Acquisition |OT6| If this is about competition, let us have competition

Your post is clear, very impressive if english isnt your 1st language no need to be sorry at all.

8 Likes

Quality post right there.

I also happen to agree with all of it.

5 Likes

For better or worse, I think MS do not look to those startup studios by veteran devs and prefer established studios, maybe for good reason sometimes as those startups overhype and underwhelm eventually, but sometimes you do get something special there (like Respawn). A straight up acquisition of a startup I really doubt unless there’s some attractive patent or tech involved, but I think publishing partnership if they find something cool and worthy.

PlayDead

2 Likes

If they go for a startup I prefer Humanoid Studios

2 Likes

I’m most excited for That’s No Moon! :slightly_smiling_face:

Them or Skydance New Media, I made a list a while ago:

2 Likes

This studio was formed by ex devs from bioware no?

Thats no moon sounds like a studio that xbox should check out, I still want to know if they will go for something similar to uncharted, also I didnt knew that skydance media was for sell, I am hyped for the captain america/black panther game tbh

Btw thanks to share the list, I will definitely look at it

What about publishing their game? I think thats the best way to test those brand new studios, it also build hype for their titles, and if it ends being bad then xbox will not lose much

I think you’d struggle to find another Obsidian nevermind another dozen

1 Like

Yeah, run by Casey Hudson

3 Likes

Obsidian is an uncommon case in the industry in the same vein as Insomniac, studios who keep pumping new games almost every year in genres that others would take triple the time, its really rare to find something like this, maybe From and KojiPro come in second.

6 Likes

CyberConnect2👀

4 Likes

Cyberconnect 2 would flourish under xbox, pumping games that could have a bigger impact on gamepass

The classic fighting games, jrpgs and then interesting titles such as fuga melodies and tail concerto

2 Likes

Id put a couple game studios in this category with Avalanche, Platinum and Rebellion.

There are others that are very regular with their game releases that I think would flourish and round out their catalogue nicely: Supergiant Games, IOI and People Can Fly.

4 Likes

Respawn are absolutely there if not at the top considering their range and versatility (fps, story/mp, BR live service, 3rd person action games)

From are legit but I think they lack range and versatility

KojiPro? What? For what exactly?

KojiPro released a AAA game like less than 4 years after being opened, its an impressive time.

Right, by AAA standards that was quite efficient. But we’ll see how they do more and different projects in the future.

Their next big acquisition will be on mobile.

6 Likes

3 Likes

Square Enix it is then

Huge chunk of their revenue is coming from smart devices. They also have a MMO.

There are not manny companies that has presence in mobile while also contributing to PC / console gamingn in any shape or form.

Will be funny if it turns out to be Cygames :joy:

3 Likes