Would Xbox Fans Want Scalebound Back? As Hideki Kamiya Wants To Revive Scalebound, But Fans Need To Write A Letter To Phil Spencer

Better to just forget this was ever a thing… maybe fund some other Japanese developer and hope for a better out come.

Wow, so professional.

Personally I feel the IP should be let go just imo it never resonated with me but if they do it then they need to outsource its development to someone other than platinum, we know the fallout with this IP between em. Outsource it or build a studio (Japanese centric) around it…but kamiya isn’t the way personally to me.

1 Like

I do feel like people cared more about the game soon as it was cancelled than they did before.

5 Likes

I think people should let this one go, it’s not going to happen. Time to move on…

2 Likes

Nah, let Obsidian or some other studio get their hands on it. At least have a studio where Scalebound will be a priority.

1 Like

Hell no.

This might ruffle some feathers… but nah. Keep it Kamiya.

Scalebound looked bad at every E3 showing it had. It wasn’t until it was cancelled that it became “xbox’s savior” that was apparently gonna make everyone buy one.

No, the game looked horrible, maybe if it was straight fantasy or something I’d have been more interested in it but the dude bro head phone wearing protag was horrible and ruined the look and feel of the entire game. People mocked the game EVERY time it was shown and only started liking it when it was canned as a way to bash MS. The game looked bad, played bad and was a dumb concept to begin with.

1 Like

This is gonna hurt a lot of Kamiya and Platinum fans, but I’d love to see MS retool the IP to a Western publisher to create a ‘tame your dragon’ style action RPG.

2 Likes

I understand some people want an exclusive game from a studio as respected as Platinum, but I think it’s a better idea to work with Platinum to work on a new IP and forget about Scalebound.

1 Like

We are still waiting for bayonetta 3. At this point I wouldnt trust platinium games at all.

3 Likes

I’ll ask Phil as soon as Platinum ports The Wonderful 101 onto Xbox

1 Like

Speaking of platinum games, did they ever Rectify their Platinum 4 ‘lolz just kidding’ kerfuffle?

April fools jokes are all fine and dandy, but if youre gonna do the whole ‘just kidding’ thing, maybe have a solid plan to give an official announcement

1 Like

Ok Platinum, show you are up to the challenge and maybe throw Xbox fans a bone once in a blue moon. Then I might write a letter.

They have a 5th thing in the platinum 4 listed but its still "Coming Soon"

yeah thats the last i saw/heard of the project. Only just realised its been 4 months since April 1st and theres still no news

Tell Platinum they can buy the IP for the cost of what MS lost on it.

3 Likes

:clap:

It’s not happening, but I’d like to see it reshaped as a shorter character action game that Platinum is actually good at making.