Would Xbox Fans Want Scalebound Back? As Hideki Kamiya Wants To Revive Scalebound, But Fans Need To Write A Letter To Phil Spencer

Monolith

1 Like

I think Kamiya and Platinum Games need to focus on finishing their current projects, rather than look for new ones (or rehash old ones, like in this case). And I think they blew up their chance with the way they handled development of Scalebound (obviously, Microsoft has its share of faults as well).

If one day Microsoft decides to give this another shot (and it could be, especially if people keep talking about it or keep demanding it), hopefully by then they’ll have their ‘Xbox Japan’ team ready for the job. I’d love for it to be a Final Fantasy/Lost Odyssey/Legend of Dragoon-esque game, which if I’m not mistaken, was the initial goal of the project. Anyway, it should still be done by a Japanese team (or a western team heavily influenced by Japanese culture)

Don’t mind the IP return, but not from PG

There are lots of talented Japanese developers waiting their chance to rise hopes Microsoft did some search there.

1 Like

I love the thought of this.

I responded to this question on Twitter and I’ll say the same here. I’m all for bringing the IP back but definitely not for Platinum to make it as the BS that was rumored that they pulled along with Kamiya’s horrid behavior toward Xbox gamers, Phil and Xbox in general is unacceptable and tells us he can’t be trusted.

1 Like

No, use that money to invest somewhere else.

1 Like