Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty |OT| R̶o̶m̶a̶n̶c̶e̶ Chaos Of The Three Kingdoms

I’ll go have a look at it next time. I did forget to upgrade my armor, so there’s that too.

There’s a good chance I might play the entirety of this game in co-op. And I’m not sure, but if I do want to also play solo, can I make a new seperate save/new game?

Yeah. I actually have two games going myself. One was my old save from the demo and then i started another new one.

Oh that’s cool! I’m not sure I will do this, because I kinda don’t want to face the first boss again, lol. Wish I could just copy this current save game.

1 Like

So I beat the game and got all the achievements its a 8 out of 10 for me would be higher just didnt like the Morale System with that said tho the final boss was great

Now I’m at Lu Bu. Happy to report he’s making me his bitch. Good. :sweat_smile:

The stronger your defense the less damage you take from an attack but the trade off is both in movement speed and spirit consumption. Fextralife has a good write up on it:

LOW ENCUMBRANCE

≤ 29.9% MAX WEIGHT

• Spirit Consumption is at its normal, listed rate for Dodge/Deflect, Long Dodge, Spirit Attacks and Martial Arts.
  • Dodge/Deflect is quick and responsive.
  • Long Dodge is a nimble acrobatic leap that covers a great distance with many invincibility frames. Additional presses of the Dodge button along with directional input will allow you to perform this acrobatic leap an infinite number of times at no additional cost to Spirit. However, Spirit will not recover until you stop dodging.

MODERATE ENCUMBRANCE

30.0% - 69.9% MAX WEIGHT

• Spirit Consumption is increased by 1.25x for Dodge/Deflect, Long Dodge, Spirit Attacks, and Martial Arts.
  • Dodge/Deflect is quick, very slightly less responsive than Low Encumbrance state.
  • Long Dodge remains a nimble acrobatic leap that travels a slightly shorter distance. A third press of the Dodge button will allow you to follow up with a roll to further increase distance. This roll does not cost any additional Spirit but can only be performed once before resetting back to the Spirit-consuming acrobatic leap starter.

HIGH ENCUMBRANCE

70.0% - 99.9% MAX WEIGHT

• Spirit Consumption is increased by 1.5x for Dodge/Deflect, Long Dodge, Spirit Attacks and Martial Arts.
  • Dodge/Deflect timing is slightly slower.
  • Long Dodge becomes a slow, cumbersome roll which covers only a short distance, has less iframes and takes longer to recover from, preventing you from quickly following up with attacks. This roll can be followed up with additional rolls but each will cost a hefty amount of Spirit with a brief delay per execution.
3 Likes

Quick tip for those playing, max out your companions by using two in every mission. The kit they give you at level 10 is by the far the best I’ve found in the game and the RB+X/Y attacks are also better then anything I’ve come across on weapons in the same class

1 Like

Played for 3 or 4 hours. Don’t get me wrong it’s a solid game.

But imo it also feels like an inferior sekiro. Decided to delete it and replay that lol.

What mode are you guys playing this game at? I find the resolution mode looking considerably better but in boss battles with a lot of particle effects fps tank. Imma try the performance today I’m gonna have to get used to it.

I went with resolution first but after having noticed some real bad drops in some locations I went with fps. Even with that mode it isn’t 100% smooth sailing though all the time.

1 Like

A few things that I’ve noticed and I don’t like…

The game is super reliant on deflecting, if you’re not good at this, you’re not gonna get anywhere. That’s me, I’m just not super great at it. I am so glad I can play this in co-op because solo I likely would’ve given up by now.

I do not like at all how miniscule the damage is with normal attacks during bossfights. This is nothing like in FromSoft games where normal attacks do good damage too. Same goes for magic, throwing knives etc, they barely seem to do much damage. Unless you master deflecting, because then you do massive damage. I would have liked some balance here.

Came back to fight Lu Bu today and won first attempt! Guess I just needed a break :smile:

Recorded it too! Onedrive link:

2023-03-07_5-09-13_PM-s3cj4kg0.mp4

He was a challenge though! Thank you for the battle, sir :saluting_face:

I did the stage after him now, the boss was a giant bull demon thing. It was the only boss so far besides the tutorial to have a phase 2, but it’s phase 2 died in one deathblow lol

Anyway I took more pictures. I decorated my helmet into this mask, seemed like the only option to be able to see my character’s silver hair flow. I am starting to like the mask though.

1 Like

Theyre different enough imo

Yeah deflecting attacks is the core of the combat but weapons and magic can do huge damage. Have you been leveling up your weapons? I fought the second lu bu fight and my weapons were doing huge damage. I also got invaded by someone and he cast ominous chill on me and one shot me with the spell. If your going to use magic you really need to be putting as many points into the element your using. Try experimenting a bit as it’s free to respec in the hidden village and your going to be able to unlock all the spells anyway just by playing the game

I’ve been upgrading the sword of chaos a lot and early on I upgraded the big weapon from the first boss. But I chip away from boss health so slowly. I have ten points in fire but yet my fire spell damage is so small. I didn’t put much into the water one, and metal could be more too. But I’m not sure that’s the cause.

Hidden village, I think I’m at that place now. Is that with the big tree branches you can walk on? I’d love to make a build that does good sword damage but also good magic. I just cannot seem to master deflecting, always off with the timing.

As for weapons I use a Ritual sword of Chaos (3 stars) that has attack power of 183, base attack 88. And I switch it up with the Great club of Polaris that has 204 attack power and 101 base attack.

As for magic…

I got Wood virtue on 9, Fire virtue on 10, Earth virtue on 9, Metal virtue on 5 and Water virtue on 1.

And the spells available to me.

So in hidden village an old man will appear in the house right where you can spawn in. He will give you the ability to respec as many times you want. Try just using a couple of categories to invest in and changing it according to either what the boss is weak to or what your weapons are strong with. If you look at any weapon it will have three different strengths which are the elements it scales with so the more you invest in that element the more damage you do. You can travel out of a level and change things around only to travel back to the spot you were at in the level

Finished the game last night and I enjoyed it. Found it easier than their previous games like the nioh series but also more approachable as you don’t have to keep farming the same mission to try and get the set you want like in nioh where one item may possibly drop so you needed up doing the same mission dozens of times. I also like that you can summon NPC’s most of the time though they all suck other then as a distraction. I did find it got way too easy towards the end if you have a good build as I think I died twice in the last five main missions and I was completely destroying bosses.

It’s now in the top 14 most played game in Xbox USA. Nicely done. Hope Koei sees it and think there’s a crowd for their games.

1 Like

It’s fine really, that difficulty peak is off the charts.

1 Like

This is some strange shit…

I bought 100 arrows, yet I only get 10. But it DID cost me money. How come?