Witcher 3 getting Xbox Series X update, Ray Tracing

That’s right. Many others would just publish it as the definitive edition and charge 60 for it as it comes with all the expansions and dlcs. Just look at Bethesda with Skyrim, 505 with Control, Sony with the last of us 1 and so on.

1 Like

Am I the only one that got motion sickness playing this game? I can’t get pass the first couple of hours because of this.

I don’t get motion sickness from it, but when I was tooling around in the intro (balcony mountain scene), visual mode had such horrid blur my eyes strained and started a headache. When I changed to performance mode, the camera panning was so much smoother and my eyes didn’t strain.

I have this issue with a small number of games; console Wolfenstein not including Colossus with X enchancements, and the original Dishonored. Not sure about the newer releases from that company, though.

I’m not sure if it was a frames per second, frame pacing, or motion blur issue, but I could not even play through the Witchwr intro without performance mode on.

Do you have a One X? If so, try those changes. Or, wait for the updates XSX and try it! This is what I’m doing.

Bethesda gave everyone with the legendary edition of Skyrim or all the DLC on PC free copies of the Special Edition of Skyrim before companies were doing free upgrades.

You’re right, I forgot about that. Thanks for reminding me.

CD Projekt confirms next-gen The Witcher 3 is being developed externally

SWITCH PORT STUDIO SABER IS ALSO CREATING THE PS5 AND XBOX SERIES X VERSION

Skyrim’s Definitive Edition was really great though.

This is why Everyone loves CD project red. They are always giving updates and keeping people involved in the games. They are pro consumer and they just flatout make great games.

1 Like

Yeah same here… I intended to play on One X for the 60 FPS mode but now I’m glad I never got to it!

Across PC and Xbox I’m sure I’ve spent ~190+ hours playing the Witcher 3 and I figured I was done. Hearing this news, my immediate reaction was that I wanted to play it again RIGHT NOW.

While I understand CD Projekt Red have had some controversial social media incidents - I have to say, it’s hard to fault the studio’s actual video game output and commitment to their customers.

100% ill get this & play it through again, I need the Achievements lol

I’ve had The Witcher 3 on my hard drive since forever. Started it once or twice and never really clicked with it. Looks like I’ll give it another go on Series X.

One of the best games this gen, hopefully its 4k/60.

2 Likes

This is exciting. CDPR has been really pro consumer in my opinion which makes me even more excited to support them in the future. I look forward to seeing what graphical features they have in store for Cyberpunk on Xbox Series X.

I have to confess I’ve haven’t completed this game at all yet. Now I’m going to wait for the XSX update to play :slight_smile:

Was going to do a replay but will wait now.

It took me 3 tries to get into it but it was worth it. I tried 2 first but got stuck at some low level quest and couldn’t progress. Turned out it was a bug the whole time but I had already dabbled in 3 by the time I realized it. Anyhow give it a shot at some point. I’ve yet to do the DLC playthroughs at all and might just replay the whole thing on next gen first. :slight_smile:

The game of the generation keeps on giving. I played it on a 32" decade-old TV at the time, so I’m pumped to replay it with raytracing on my 4K HDR set I bought last year.

It’s crazy to me I still haven’t played this or any of the DLC. I’m a HUGE RPG fan and for some reason just havent booted this up over all the years It’s been out. I’ve played Witcher 1 and 2 and loved them.

Guess I’ll wait for this update and finally sit down and play this for 100+ hours and experience it finally.

It’s great. The DLC’s are also incredible.