Witcher 3 getting Xbox Series X update, Ray Tracing

Awesome news Wiitcher 3 is getting a Series X update, free to current owners

Details

Developed to take advantage of the most powerful gaming hardware, the next-gen edition of the game will feature a range of visual and technical improvements — including ray tracing and faster loading times — across the base game, both expansions, and all extra content.

The next generation edition of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt will release as a standalone purchase for PC, Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5, as well as a free update for everyone who already owns the game on PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4.

9 Likes

Amazing news. My game of the generation.

2 Likes

This is great did not expect ray tracing for witcher 3.

Seems like CD Projekt Red overcame that blockage just fine :wink:.

2 Likes

What blockage?

This is SO awesome! I can’t wait to play it at a solid 4K/60fps with ray tracing! I’ll do it after I’m finished with Cyberpunk and Valhalla

I still have the GOTY edition in my backlog. At this point I’ll wait for raytracing.

3 Likes

Well there goes another 100+ hours of my life.

1 Like

Nice! Excellent support from CDPR.

So a game from 2015… Control in the meanwhile​:dollar::euro::dollar::euro::dollar::euro::dollar:

4 Likes

Maybe ill actually finish it on the XSX then, lol

2 Likes

Ask 505 games. They are the one who stated there is a ‘blockage’ that is preventing them from offering an upgrade path for existing control owners.

1 Like

Its one of my favorite games of all time. I still need to finish the expansions. Glad I waited as I’ll have loads of new content for the Series X patch

Nice, I haven’t played the DLC yet, so I’m in for a treat

1 Like

Dammit. I already played the game twice including DLCs.

1 Like

Well, well, well… Seeing as I have never actually played my copy of Witcher 3, looks like I found my jump in point.

1 Like

Really looking forward to this :heart_eyes:

Saw a video that showcased some ray tracing on youtube and I didnt see that much of a difference but if they could give me 4K 60fps in addition to the Loading times Id be happy enough to tackle those dlc.

I was first holding off to play game on x1x, then got more backlog and then holding off till xsx and seems like it’ll pay off

2 Likes

I would LOVE to see mod support added as well. A second playthrough would sound a lot more appealing if I didn’t have to deal with encumbrance!