Witcher 3 getting Xbox Series X update, Ray Tracing

They really do deserve the reputation they have as they are fantastic. I mean Blood and Wine is what used to be referred to as a full blown expansion.

For things like this is why I love CDPR

I had some issues with the DLC. I finished the main game in the mid 30s level but the DLCs seem to have a ramped up difficulty so I’ve run into several spots I can’t progress in. Weird I never ran into that issue during the main game.

It will look so amazing on the X.

I read that as being cancelled, without them directly saying it’s cancelled or making the decision today. It’s probably best if they simply start on a TW3 Remaster using UE5 than trying to shoehorn in current-gen updates for it.

1 Like

Its not a big deal. Game runs 4k 60 on series x. Let them take their time.

2 Likes

As someone who’s completed The Witcher 3 twice, no big deal for me and I actually prefer to see CDPR take their time and delay the upgrade until it’s ready. You know, do the opposite of what they did with Cyberpunk.

Is the performance mode actually 4K? I can see a very clear difference in sharpness between resolution and performance mode.

For Cyberpunk? I know performance is 60fps but I don’t know if it’s 4K. I haven’t tried the resolution mode.

Oh ffs.

I quoted the wrong person. Happens at times that I click on the right message to quote but it picks a totally different one.

The resolution mode is probably native 4K or very close, but the performance mode is clearly lower than that, I really notice it when I switch.

Haha, yeah that is the XboxEra version of the Surprise me! -function on Xbox.

2 Likes

Surprise me function on Xbox? Not sure I know that.

It selects a game from your library at random. Nice when you don’t know what you want to play.

Does it include cloud-enabled games now if you have GPU? I havent tried it enough recently to know if they expanded it.

Hm, good question. I don’t know, but would be neat.

I’m waiting for a replay. They can take all the time they need if it really improves the experience.

It seems like they weren’t happy with what they’ve been shown and don’t want another blunder. That’s reassuring.

CDPR did a great job with the Cyberpunk update so they can take their time with this update as needed.

Wtf, this is new for me. So you just go to “my games and apps” and where can I select that?

https://twitter.com/xboxinsider/status/1194013751629926401

The button is located in the upper-right corner of My games & apps and can also be found by pressing the Menu button on your controller when highlighting the title of a group.

1 Like