Will Bethesda Games be Xbox Console Exclusive?

Then why not just say that!?

1 Like

What new awesome games, the Bethesda catalogue titles ? I have already finished most of these games, big deal , a bunch of previous-gen games are coming to gamepass.

If it was Sony they would have announced EXCLUSIVE NEXT GEN UPGRADES for 2-3 big previous-gen Bethesda titles and of course everything going forward PlayStation-exclusive. Instead not only do the series consoles not have anything exclusive for many months to come but MS can’t even commit their first party titles (because that’s what Bethesda games are). Truth is not even online Bethesda games should come to PlayStation.

1 Like

Some could literally mean 2 games its still vague

People will never be happy mate seriously.

Klob pretty much summed it up

2 Likes

FF14 never came to Xbox and it is doing fine

I hope so. But why couldn’t the post by Phil say this? Why not say “MMOs and service based games will remain multiplatform, while everything else will be Xbox and PC only.”?

It’s confusing because new games can mean Wolfenstein 3, but could also include Starfield. Why, oh why would you do that? Are we actually going to see a future where a new DOOM or new game by Tango or Arkane will be still multiplatform? That would be laughable. If that were to happen, what happened to “not sustainable, we’d need a ecosystem on the other platforms.”

Maybe it’s indeed all because of these existing contracts (wish they would fucking finally just say screw it and cancel shit) but the wording is too…vague.

1 Like

This means literally nothing and I’ve already seen people on Era saying that the bigger games are going to be multiplat.

Microsoft could’ve shaken the ground right now and everyone would be talking how massive Xbox is, but now all we have is “Ok I’ll keep my PS5 games still coming”

6 Likes

Thank you! Jeeeeez!

Because they have Deathloop, Ghostwire Tokyo, Doom 3 VR and all future mobile games, which will not be exclusive to PC and Xbox. And those are not MMOs.

The fact that he didn’t mention Starfield when a few months ago he wouldn’t shut up about it is pretty telling. I guess higher ups at MS wouldn’t sign this merger off without being able to dictate platforms.

1 Like

Is it though? I know lots of Xbox fans, the core, who are not amused. If anything this depletes trust among the people who actually is in the ecosystem allready. This is not like the cult of the other consoles.

This is my point why not just say service based games

Just a simple exercise in common sense negates a lot of faux confusion that some are expressing.

1. MS owns Bethesda
  2. Understand that all of those games are coming Day 1 to Gamepass
  3. Do not assume that any new games are coming out on a rival console
  4. Be pleasantly surprised if a new game comes on a rival console
1 Like

The most expensive GamePass deal in history!

1 Like

"All future titles of Bethesda will become Xbox exclusive 1*

1* TES Online will be on PC, Xbox, Playstation, Luna; Fallout76 will be on PC, Xbox, Playstation, Stadia; Deatloop will be on Playstation first and come later to Xbox; Ghostwire will be on Playstation first and come later to Xbox; Elder Scrolls Blades will be supported on iOS, Android and Switch; future Alpha Dog games will be on iOS and Android; …

Great PR, rolls right of the tongue :smiley:

3 Likes

Still leaves as vague because could have just said those tiles would be multiplat

It does say

Some new titleS in the future that will be exclusive to Xbox and PC

Which means more than 1 title.

MS should have announced:

Doom eternal , with a next gen patch (exclusive to series consoles), coming to gamepass by the end of the week. Same for Fallout 4.

Future Bethesda games, with the exception of the 2 games that have contractual obligations to Sony, will be Xbox ecosystem exclusive.

BOOOOM. Instead we got …this …