Which next gen console are you getting at launch and why?

I’m so glad Game Pass is a thing for situations like this because it helps get more players into gaming which is only a good thing, everyone should have the opportunity to play games no matter where they’re from or income level.

2 Likes

No sure yet but currently leaning towards PlayStation 5. I still want to know what PS4 games will be compatible.

1 Like

I’m going Lockhart. It will be a cheap entry to next gen games to me, a way to play my old digital 360 games and gamepass will make sure I can play a lot of games I missed this gen on Xbox and I will get many great games there, too. Gaming can’t be cheaper and better at the same time.

I was thinking of including Lockhart in the poll, but I thought bit might muddy the waters a bit, i mean if i included Lockhart would o need to include the digital ps5 too?

I’m getting an XSX at launch. I was an early adopter to buying all my games digitally and I’m locked into xbox game pass for three years. Xbox has has also been my primary platform, so having all of those games come over at launch is massively appealing to me.

I’ll pick up a PS5 a little bit down the line.

The XSX is caperble of doing rdr2 + witch3 @ 60fps at 1x setting, I think the xsx will be able to push further, we have to remember the xsx has a substantial amount more ram bandwidth then rdna1 + turing cards, its a thing which I dont think gets enough attention.

Will probably get a “Lockhart” provided it’s $299, only want next gen systems for quick resume, fast load times, exclusives etc. I also have gamepass until Dec 2022 and no interest in 4k gaming. I’m interested in the software of PS5 but it’s a hard sell when the box is likely to be expensive, that software will be discounted significantly six months to a year later and the box itself is big and I’d rather wait for a revision.

1 Like

The console is capable for sure, but I don’t know if MS activates the 60 fps for us on XSX.

I’m not sure if it’s just because I’m getting older or what, but I’ve hardly touched my PS4 Pro this generation. I will be getting the XSX day one, and sticking with the Xbox ecosystem. I’m a huge fan of Game Pass and the ability to have all my games on my Xbox, PC, and Xcloud is what interest me most. Plus keeping all of my digital content I’ve purchased on Xbox one and keeping all of my friends on Xbox Live are just a huge plus! So I think next generation I will be sticking to the Xbox Platform!

XSX at launch, I’m signed up to Ultimate until mid 2023! And I’ve an Elite controller. So it’s a no brainer really. I’ll Probably wait to see what The PS5 is like regarding noise/size before deciding whether to get one later in the year or wait for a new model or slim.

1 Like

Shit I read the poll questions wrong lol, I am for sure getting the XSX at launch, then a PS5 sometime next year for Stray

Xbox series x whenever it launches for my country. Might even do an import. I’m heavily invested in the Xbox ecosystem with elite controllers, 9x headsets and nearly 500 digital games in my library. Since the series x will just work with all of it I’ll roll the one x down to the coop monitor and keep going on the series x. :wink:

No. I don’t know why this is even a question, Lockhart is different in many ways to XSX, PS5D is a PS5 without a disc drive.

In some cases like the enhanced BC for 360games on the 1x (rdr1, splinter cell conviction etc) Microsoft did it themselves. So I expect we will see a mix of both, some devs like cdprojectred will offer a free next gen patch for cyberpunk and Microsoft will do some of there enhanced BC for seriesX.I think xbox will continue to lead in this area.

Who would be able to compete in that area?

Sony is competing with in this area, but ms are ahead, however we dont know how much sony is investing in this area, but given the fact that sony have been quiet and bit unclear about BC may indicate there BC initiatives will remain smaller then Microsofts.

Xbox is a lock, but I’m leaning towards both.

Yeah I meant competing in that they come close. Which I don’t see happening. It seems that bc in general will be worse, upgrades may be even worse. Sony even said that for some titles becoming bc they might even need help from the original devs.

On the info thats available, no one comes close, we dont know what sonys enhanced BC plans are. i dont think they will be bad in comparison, I expect they will enhance there recent games like tlou2, got, Spiderman, but xbox will have more enhanced BC titles and will likely enhance some 3rd parties ones, this is conjecture though. Edit: after reading through your post again if sony cant manage to get a lot of titles to work with even standard BC then yes xbox would be quite a bit ahead in this area

I’m getting a Series X for NHL 22 no matter what. Not sure if I’m jumping in at launch, or if I should hold off until then.