Which next gen console are you getting at launch and why?

Neither since consoles are really expensive in my corner of the world. But i hope to get the series x down the line just to play the new fable.

1 Like

Iā€™m all in day one for Xbox Series X. Several reasons why -

1. Xbox Series X is the better overall gaming console for next generation. No compromises whatsoever and everything is ā€œfixedā€ as opposed to being ā€œvariableā€. The technology thatā€™s in Series X if anything is so underrated and once next gen gets going and especially once cross-gen ends, people will truly see that.

2. The Controller. As someone whoā€™s a PS4 guy, the controller is good but for me, I hate the touchpad. Like, literally hate it. PS5 made it bigger. SMH. Which I guess makes sense since I have always seen it as a giant oversized useless and pointless button.

3. Game Pass. Insane fucking value. Exclusives day one. Several multi-platform games day one that I want to play. If Microsoft could add a 20% discount towards third party games for being a Game Pass Ultimate member, it would be perfect for me. Overall though, still excellent. Going into next gen with Xbox Series X and Game Pass, I already have Ori and the Will of the Wisps, Gears Tactics, Halo Infinite and The Medium for what will amount to $15. Again, itā€™s insane.

4. Console Exclusives. Including Ori and the Will of the Wisps, Xbox One only gave me five exclusives that I will or have completed. As of right now, I have Fable, Gears Tactics (console), Halo Infinite and Hellblade 2 which are all guaranteed completions with Avowed, State of Decay 3 and Everwild as being 50/50. They could easily end up matching what I had with Xbox One in 2-3 years with Xbox Series X. And again, all day one on Game Pass baby!!!

5. Multi-Platform Games. This also includes Timed Console Exclusives like The Medium. I simply believe that they will all run, play and look best on Xbox Series X. As long as publishers give their developers time, I donā€™t see any issues whatsoever. Canā€™t wait for AC Valhalla and especially Cyberpunk 2077 on Xbox Series X.

Those are my reasons why im going with Xbox Series X day one as my primary gaming console. I will still at some point buy a PlayStation 5 as it will be my secondary exclusives only gaming console but donā€™t know when I will actually buy the console.

2 Likes

Still not sure about getting it at launch (its either that or upgrade my PC for Cyberpunk), but definely XsX first because I have so much BC content for being with Xbox for so long.

Iā€™m getting none of them at or near launch.

Itā€™s justā€¦ unappealing to me at the moment. Most of the games Iā€™m looking forward to are either on current gen, or are two or more years away. Iā€™ll be playing games like Halo, Watch Dogs, Cyberpunk, Gears Tactics, Tetris Effect, Dragon Quest on my old console this fall. Even well into 2021, Xbox One will get Hitman 3, Far Cry 6, Balan Wonderworld, and Psychonauts on it.

A couple years down the line, Iā€™ll get a new Xbox (and eventually a PS5), when itā€™s potential hardware kinks are worked out, the price drops, and ā€œnext genā€ caliber games start dropping. Until then, I just donā€™t see a reason to.

Right now, Iā€™m really happy with my xbox one x but Iā€™m thinking to buy the series x later, maybe to christmas or when there is a good deal.

I will get both eventually as I always do for every generations, but XSX will be first because of

1. the extensive BC with enhancement that the PS5 just canā€™t matched.
  2. Able to use all my current gen controllers on next gen games (saving money)
  3. Gampass
  4. Free MP* on Xbox is just a cherry on top if that is indeed true.

SX at launch for sure. Basically for the same reason I upgrade my pc: so it runs everything better.

Will be getting a ps5 but likely not at launch, I kinda want one but Iā€™ll probably wait for a redesign/slim version.

Iā€™m definitely getting a Series X at launch (and possibly Lockhart or Series X for my girlfriend, depening on the price). PS5 Iā€™ll be waiting until they get games I care about. PS4 still only has a handful of games I think are worth playing that I canā€™t play on my One X, so I donā€™t see the need to get one right away.

I want both consoles but if I have to choose one,thatā€™s xsx. Why? because fable,state of decay 3,everwild,avowed and others.

Both. The money is there waiting but honestly Iā€™m not sure why Iā€™d be getting the PS5 at launch.

Iā€™m not interested in Miles Morales and there wonā€™t be much of a boost to BC games. Still got time to decide I guess. I could always hold off

Or buy it and if it turns out I donā€™t need it I can always sell for a profit.

Iā€™m not feeling the white of the PS5, so I will wait for matte black or a special edition. Series X is Day One.

1 Like

XSX for sure. Because:

1. Halo Infinite
  2. Gamepass
  3. Xbox One controller can be use on XSX games (I have 7 of them)
  4. Xbox has more Multiplayer/Co-op games

Will be getting the xsx on realise really looking forward to it hopefully pushing the rest of my set up to its limits

Series X for sure because of Game Pass and the specs. Iā€™m hoping Sony eventually does a Stadia quality streaming service (low latency + 4K + HDR +5.1) so I donā€™t have to buy a PS5 down the road.

*Says doesnā€™t want to devalue my poll

*Goes a head to try and disvalue it by insinuating broader industry questions are not appropriate for this site.

But i dont know what you point really is. What are u trying to say?

Hi there,

1st buy will be Serie X, because Iā€™m a SoT lover and love enhanced BC + Halo infinite + Gamepass

But Iā€™ll buy a PS5 for sure later, certainly for DS remake, at launch thereā€™s nothing for me at this moment on PS5

I skipped this gen so Iā€™m getting a Series X to play current gen games on a much more powerful platform. Being able to play next-gen games is just icing on a cake. And the OS looks nice as well.

Edit: moreover, knowing that o donā€™t have to buy games anymore is just great. I found just wait till the games come to Gamepass; if it doesnā€™t then too bad Iā€™ll just play whatā€™s already available on the Gamepasss.

Depending on how the PS5 is performs and how they treat BC I might get one as well.

Itā€™s obvious people will cater to Xbox on this site, me included.

Definitely getting the Series X. Gamepass has been a gamechanger for me, and as it is , Iā€™m still catching up on alot of games. So as soon as the Series X comes out, Iā€™ll be getting it, while selling my One X. I can then just continue going through my gaming backlog on the Series X.

Iā€™m thinking of getting the PS5 down the road though. Well as soon as they release the ā€œSlim Versionā€ of the PS5. (Based on those speculated size chart for the consoles, the PS5 is looking like itā€™s gonna be a huge console. Haha.)

So far, I havenā€™t seen any games that interest me yet for the PS5, so I can definitely wait until I buy one.

1 Like

XSX at launch, 2 main reasons: Halo and Game Pass. Also, I kept my One S, Ps4 slim and didnā€™t upgrade my PC to get the biggest jump as possible with next-gen :stuck_out_tongue: