Which next gen console are you getting at launch and why?

• XsX
  • PS5
  • Both
  • Neither

0 voters

Im still making up my mind, im leaning towards an XsX because none of the launch exclusives i really care for, I care more for 3rd party games and gamepass is just the best value, and I will get a PS5 when a naughty dog game comes out on it.

Or I could keep my 1X sell my pro and get a PS5, so I can play xbox games on gamepass on my 1X and have some next gen ness for my PS5.

Decisions decisions…

2 Likes

Added the options for both and neither to your poll. I’m sure there are also plenty of people who aren’t getting a console at launch. :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Good idea, thanks.

I’ll be getting both at launch unless MS decides to delay the launch for half a year in my country like for the Xbox one I hope they don’t

Just the XSX at launch for me, Sony haven’t quite given me enough to peak my interest in buying yet. If they do I will probably opt to buy a PS5 outright and grab a XSX through the All Access Program.

The series X is a confirmed buy for me, if only to play games like SoT and MHW at higher fps (and of course the other 200 games in my backlog).

I am trying to save up to also get a PS5, but the pricing of these consoles is going to be an important factor. That and at least so far PS5 launch games don’t interest me. I loved Spiderman, but if Miles is more of an expansion then I’m okay with waiting for it. And timed exclusives don’t do anything for me.

I am definitely getting an Xbox Series X at launch because I want to play Halo Infinite on this and everything else on Xbox Game Pass including ‘The Medium’ which looks great to me. I am an Xbox primary gamer, but I have owned every PlayStation console in the past. I will likely end up getting a PS5 at some point, but it will probably take something like a full Spider-Man sequel in a couple years with a cheaper price or bundle for me to invest for basically my “exclusives” machine since I play everything else on Xbox ecosystem.

I will maybe end up with both but for launch Xbox it is because XGPU until mid 2022 and BC and … and … and …

Xbox Series X and it will be the first gen I only get one at launch. I want to devote more time and money to one console and my PC. Given I have more friends on Xbox, its the one I prefer the most and the fact I love the xbox community its a no brainer for me.

The truth for me is that exclusives are not the most important things for me anymore, they are important but this gen i completed god of war, uncharted 4 + LL, Spiderman and TLOU2, and the truth is the only games that I must have are the naughty dogs games, god of war + Spiderman were very good games but I would not be to bothered if I missed them. I mainly play 3rd parties, so services + hardware power are the most important, playstations are now my naughty dog box.

Some people like to cite the Xbox first party games dual launching on PC as a reason to not get the console, but in my case it is actually a reason to prefer Xbox Series X. I am primarily a console gamer at this point for convenience, but I do have an RTX 2060 gaming laptop and have built a couple of gaming rigs in the past. So I love the option of playing their games wherever and however I choose for one price or subscription in this case with Game Pass Ultimate.

1 Like

I’ll try to get an xsx at launch for Halo. If not, neither. I’ll wait for more games I want that Sony releases exclusively before I buy one.

Series X at launch. Because I’ve played Xbox since beginning and have a legacy there with games/achievements. Also, all my brothers/friends are on Xbox currently.

I’ll probably get a PS5 2-3 years into the gen, if I can find it for right price and Naughty Dog has a new game that interests me.

2 Likes

Has to be the Series X for me as PC isn’t an option. I want the best performance & visual quality for my money and that’s on series X :green_heart:

1 Like

The next console I’m going to buy is the Series X, because I love the controller, Halo, Gears, the Forza Games, the Game Pass and the variety of games from the Xbox studios.
Being able to take all the games that I currently own, from several generations of consoles, even with improvements is also a very important factor in my decision.
Who knows, maybe in the future I will buy a PS5, but for now it will only be the Series X.

1 Like

Well I write for websites so an XSX would be practically mandatory at launch anyway, but given I upgraded to the X without a doubt I’d do the same for Series X as well. I do plan to get a PS5 around next year though, especially because I skipped PS4 so I’d gladly play the classics I missed. Only Sony home console I missed so far so there’s some stuff to pick up!

1 Like

I wonder if 1.5INCHES will be enough vent space above the XSX?

Both

I would usually recommend good ventilation. These devices will output a lot of heat.

Both. PS5 for exclusives and XSX for everything else.

Can’t freaking wait!